One mans trash is.....

Lukikus2

Y'all ain't very talkative over here. Pressure washed the yak. Be cool to run the Nantahala or Ocoee with it. Rafted them but not yaked.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Cleaned up nice.
You leaked checked it yet?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

oldguy

That keel on the bottom of the canoe is to help it track straight in the wind on open water. Makes it less nimble in white water. FYI aluminum sticks to rocks when they hit. Better tie your stuff in and have a bailing bucket when you try white water. Or just be happy to use it ponds and sluggish streams. Personally I don't get the thrill of white water and seriously doubt the Native Americans "accepted the challenge". That's why they established portages. Personally I'd use somebody else's gear in white water (rental) and take care of my own stuff! It'll last a lifetime if you take care of it. My aluminum canoe is 50 years old and I learned some of this stuff the HARD way!

Lukikus2

The canoe is all fiberglass. I do agree with the keel though. Basically I was referring to the yak for white water. I'm sure they make a skirt for it?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
A big sponge helps get water out of the bottom of one as well.

I kayak and agree with OG. I’ll go through Class II rapids on fishing floats but don’t deliberately play in them. A broken bone or sprain could have meant death to a Native American. In some remote areas it’s still dangerous if your hurt.

Lukikus2

A big sponge helps get water out of the bottom of one as well.

I kayak and agree with OG. I’ll go through Class II rapids on fishing floats but don’t deliberately play in them. A broken bone or sprain could have meant death to a Native American. In some remote areas it’s still dangerous if your hurt.

I'm comfortable with class 3. It's been a while but it would be a buddy float for sure.