Opinions about Leaf River IR Cams

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Don't.

For less money buy a 2 Wildview IR's and be done. I have a IR3BU and it's junk. The Wildviews have been flawless so far.

Robert

bowwinkles

The Leaf river IR-5 and IR-7 are great cameras and I like the fact that they record sound in the movie mode. Their customer service is top shelf.

BOWHUNTER!

I love mine. I've had them for several yrs and they are awesome cameras. Battery life is great. I don't think there is a camera out there that can last as long as a LR.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
How is your trigger speed........Mine is awful. I have to pint the IR3BU straight down a trail to get a pic when I can set the Wildviews to the side and get them. Maybe I just got a lemon but my battery life is not very good either.

Robert

BOWHUNTER!

How is your trigger speed........Mine is awful. I have to pint the IR3BU straight down a trail to get a pic when I can set the Wildviews to the side and get them. Maybe I just got a lemon but my battery life is not very good either.

Robert

ALL electronics are susceptible to some sort of issue...especially when they stay out in the elements like a trail cam. I have had some minor issues with mine but LR fixed me right up. My trigger speeds are pretty good, maybe 3-4sec tops. I usually put them over a scrape or a food source with great results.
Bruz, call LR and tell them your situation and I'll bet they fix it for free.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
ALL electronics are susceptible to some sort of issue...especially when they stay out in the elements like a trail cam. I have had some minor issues with mine but LR fixed me right up. My trigger speeds are pretty good, maybe 3-4sec tops. I usually put them over a scrape or a food source with great results.
Bruz, call LR and tell them your situation and I'll bet they fix it for free.

Bowhunter,

I already sent it back to them once because it wouldn't write to the CF Card. Their service was great so maybe I will talk to them about this issue and see what if anything they can do.

Thanks,

Robert

bonecollector123

A buddy of mine got 2 of them and they never took a picture we may setting them up wrong but all the cheaper ones work fine but we cant fiqure these out

bowwinkles

The new 08 IR-5 and IR-7 cams use SD cards and trigger time is around 1 second. Delay can be set as low as 5 seconds (write time).

Kahnefan9

Leaf river

I bought the new Ir-7 and it has been nothing but headaches. Everytime I test it at home it works like a charm. However, when it goes to the field it does not take any pix or video when I know there have been animals at the spot. I take that back, I once had it to record 45 seconds every 5 minutes and when I retrieved it two days later it had one recording for like 2 minutes and said the memory was full. It has not worked correctly since I bought it a month ago. And now the set up screen backlight is starting to flicker and you can't hardly see the words to program it properly. Oh well, I guess I should have stuck with my $60 moultries. 4 years old and have not missed a beat but batteries get $$$$$$.

sghoghunter

I have had a ir3bu and it was junk.Pics were very blurry at night but did take good pics in the day time.I have used stealth cam,cuddieback,nontypical,trailcam and moultrie I40 and the I40 was hands down the best tc out there.