Paces Mill Delayed Harvest Question

FVRago

So the Hooch from Sope Creek down to US Hwy 41 bridge is delayed harvest and ya need to throw the trout back. Question? If I am fishing on the other side (down river) of 41 past the boat ramp, can I keep the trout?

I remember years ago fishing up on the Amicalola 53 bridge where on the up side you had to release but below you could keep the trout.

Just wondering.

Thanks

westcobbdog

So the Hooch from Sope Creek down to US Hwy 41 bridge is delayed harvest and ya need to throw the trout back. Question? If I am fishing on the other side (down river) of 41 past the boat ramp, can I keep the trout?

I remember years ago fishing up on the Amicalola 53 bridge where on the up side you had to release but below you could keep the trout.

Just wondering.

Thanks

I would reference the regs but also examine the interactive trout
map the DNR has online, very helpful.

ucfireman

Trout fishing is too complicated.

I was around 18+- years old. I wanted to go trout fishing. Bought a stamp and I went. To N Ga.
It was cold and we were camping, woke up with ice on the sleeping bags, but that's another story.
Fishing in the river, with corn. Game warden comes by, no live bait. $50 ticket. How is corn live bait?
Anyway fishing another river. Game warden comes by. Fishing with a Rooster tail. Warning, "single hook only".
Up to NC. Bought a license and head to the Cherokee National Forest. Fishing the river. Police come by. Were on the reservation and need a special license. Ticket.

2 tickets and a warning in 2 days in 2 states.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
I didn't get a Trout stamp this year.
Not hardly worth the money for the license and all the associated cost of catching Trout for no more meat than you bring home.

If we had plenty of wild fish instead of the tiny pellet snatchers, it might be a different story.

The plan is to take that money and put ot toward saltwater fishing. That's much more enjoyable and cost effective to me.

gaspro

Just wondering.

Thanks
I believe you are correct. No live fish for bait, but otherwise unrestricted in that area. I was at that same 53 bridge earlier this year, fishing below the bridge. I'll be below 141 ramp on the Hooch tomorrow with my son, using worms and corn. Lol.

FVRago

I believe you are correct. No live fish for bait, but otherwise unrestricted in that area. I was at that same 53 bridge earlier this year, fishing below the bridge. I'll be below 141 ramp on the Hooch tomorrow with my son, using worms and corn. Lol.
How did you do?

gaspro

Where can I find this?

Thanks

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I was around 18+- years old. I wanted to go trout fishing. Bought a stamp and I went. To N Ga.
It was cold and we were camping, woke up with ice on the sleeping bags, but that's another story.
Fishing in the river, with corn. Game warden comes by, no live bait. $50 ticket. How is corn live bait?
Anyway fishing another river. Game warden comes by. Fishing with a Rooster tail. Warning, "single hook only".
Up to NC. Bought a license and head to the Cherokee National Forest. Fishing the river. Police come by. Were on the reservation and need a special license. Ticket.

2 tickets and a warning in 2 days in 2 states.

Not if you read the regulations and the signs nailed to the trees. Pretty simple, for the most part. Some unrestricted water, and some artificial lures single hook only. And that's not the Cherokee National Forest in NC, it's the Eastern Cherokee Reservation. CNF is in TN.

FVRago

I did not even know this existed.

Thanks.

That is why I come here.