Past Few Nights

ryork

Brought home a couple of hybrids and a bunch of white bass from a trip late last week. Had those a couple of nights and froze the rest. One night was just some straight up fried white bass filets with hushpuppies, fries and a Cajun tarter sauce concoction. Another night blacked some hybrid filets. Made an Andouille cream sauce to go with them, served over a fried polenta cake along with some flash fried thin sliced brussel sprouts.

Sat AM I went down to the farmer's market on Dixie St in Carrollton. I like supporting those folks, particularly now when some folks are going to be tight with the wallet which I understand. Not only that, the fresh stuff is just better and I like getting to know the folks too. Bought a whole chicken, some purple sweet taters, and some chard. Roasted the bird. Roasted one of the taters in the oven, then mashed it with some cream, butter, salt, pepper and a little ground clove. Braised the chard with some onion, garlic, white wine, chicken stock, and lemon juice, then finished it off with some grated parmesan. It was all good, but the doggone potato was the overall winner!3-14 (1).jpg3-14 (2).jpg3-14 (3).jpg3-14 (4).jpg3-14 (5).jpg3-14 (6).jpg3-14 (7).jpg3-14 (8).jpg3-14 (9).jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, great looking eats!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Brought home a couple of hybrids and a bunch of white bass from a trip late last week. Had those a couple of nights and froze the rest. One night was just some straight up fried white bass filets with hushpuppies, fries and a Cajun tarter sauce concoction. Another night blacked some hybrid filets. Made an Andouille cream sauce to go with them, served over a fried polenta cake along with some flash fried thin sliced brussel sprouts.

Sat AM I went down to the farmer's market on Dixie St in Carrollton. I like supporting those folks, particularly now when some folks are going to be tight with the wallet which I understand. Not only that, the fresh stuff is just better and I like getting to know the folks too. Bought a whole chicken, some purple sweet taters, and some chard. Roasted the bird. Roasted one of the taters in the oven, then mashed it with some cream, butter, salt, pepper and a little ground clove. Braised the chard with some onion, garlic, white wine, chicken stock, and lemon juice, then finished it off with some grated parmesan. It was all good, but the doggone potato was the overall winner!View attachment 1007386View attachment 1007388View attachment 1007389View attachment 1007392View attachment 1007393View attachment 1007394View attachment 1007395View attachment 1007396View attachment 1007397

Wow!! Outstanding!!!

stringmusic

Fantastic looking grub!!