Paulding Forest

Doe Dirt

You know with Paulding forest being almost 26k acres and it being a Tuesday morning.....You would think you could pick a little spot and have it to yourself. But I guess that’s public land for ya. Had someone come rolling in and park right behind me at the gate not long after I headed in. Why not just cruise on by so we’re not after the same bird? I’d understand if it was a weekend and everywhere you turn there’s a truck and you just say the heck with it.
Wasn’t crowded this morning cause I left spot #1 about 9am and then went and hit 2 other areas before the rain got too heavy.
They were tight lipped this morning, didn’t hear the first gobble. Not even that one gobble you usually hear 2 counties over. Not much sign either, which is highly unusual. All 3 spots are proven areas and I didn’t see hardly any scratchings or droppings. Has me a little concerned. Anybody else seeing a lack of sign or birds over there?

Wayne D Davis

You know with Paulding forest being almost 26k acres and it being a Tuesday morning.....You would think you could pick a little spot and have it to yourself. But I guess that’s public land for ya. Had someone come rolling in and park right behind me at the gate not long after I headed in. Why not just cruise on by so we’re not after the same bird? I’d understand if it was a weekend and everywhere you turn there’s a truck and you just say the heck with it.
Wasn’t crowded this morning cause I left spot #1 about 9am and then went and hit 2 other areas before the rain got too heavy.
They were tight lipped this morning, didn’t hear the first gobble. Not even that one gobble you usually hear 2 counties over. Not much sign either, which is highly unusual. All 3 spots are proven areas and I didn’t see hardly any scratchings or droppings. Has me a little concerned. Anybody else seeing a lack of sign or birds over there?
Some of ther locals think they own certain spots but most just move on. I guess you found a local Jack. I guarantee if you cover some ground you'll find birds

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Morning guys......bout to head to Pauling I think. Maybe just find one of those gate along braswell if I can find one without another vehicle. Good luck guys! I’m due and going in blind, but I don’t mind just getting lucky.

Wayne D Davis

Morning guys......bout to head to Pauling I think. Maybe just find one of those gate along braswell if I can find one without another vehicle. Good luck guys! I’m due and going in blind, but I don’t mind just getting lucky.
Good luck. Follow BC out and stay right on CR.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
ill be in the Thomas rd area.....off Braswell Mountain. Maybe that one spot on the North side along the Private Property(out). Maybe I can find one of them Easy Private Land Birds:bounce:

Alexander

Paulding last year had 44 grown birds taken off of it all season, this year 12 days into season the tally is already at 40... I feel like with everyone off of work and able to hunt this season we will see more harvest at certain wmas than ever in the past.

brenthood

I have been hitting some areas that produced last year and seeing very little sign in contrast to last year. I have been able to get on one bird on the roost every time I was there early enough but after that they haven't been talking. I have walked probably close to 30 miles since season opened and I am finding it very difficult to get on any birds this year so far. maybe that will change as the season progresses.
as for the other hunters walking in on you and parking right beside you that has happened to me every time I have went and they usually roll up right about day break. I understand that it is public land but every one cant go after the same bird I get to the gate at least 2 hours before day break and it is extremely frustrating to have some guy park right beside me right before I walk in and cut me off. if I go to a spot and there is a person there I move on and go to the next spot. hopefuly the crowd will start dwindling down I believe this virus has a lot to do with the crowd during the week as nobody is working right now.

QuackAttack101

Y'all didn't get the memo? Ain't no turkeys left at PF :rofl:

On a serious note, y'all better enjoy PF while you can. 42 birds killed already in 2020 (57 total in 2019). I just hope the turkeys survive the Covid-19 and all the hunters it's put in the woods (myself included haha)

J Gilbert

Y'all didn't get the memo? Ain't no turkeys left at PF :rofl:

On a serious note, y'all better enjoy PF while you can. 42 birds killed already in 2020 (57 total in 2019). I just hope the turkeys survive the Covid-19 and all the hunters it's put in the woods (myself included haha)

Is that PF in your avatar? Looks familiar

Doe Dirt

Paulding last year had 44 grown birds taken off of it all season, this year 12 days into season the tally is already at 40... I feel like with everyone off of work and able to hunt this season we will see more harvest at certain wmas than ever in the past.
That’s crazy it being at 40 already. I think now I know why I wasn’t seeing and hearing the usual. Time to go deep boys.

Doe Dirt

Some of ther locals think they own certain spots but most just move on. I guess you found a local Jack. I guarantee if you cover some ground you'll find birds
Yeah I’m not afraid to cover some ground. I was running and gunning yesterday trying to strike one up. The 3 spots I frequent are fairly deep off the beaten path except one. I was concerned about the lack of sign. But with 40 birds already taken, nothing has changed. I just wasn’t where the birds are haha.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I went to 5 different places today and heard no gobbles.....not even a far off one. I dwas able to keep distance from others. I saw 1 BIG HEN all day and I saw her while I was in my truck. I’m wore out but I can’t wat to do it again.
Hopefully many will have tagged out And it’ll be my turn. They have gon silent......it is time to hunt them like deer

Wayne D Davis

I went to 5 different places today and heard no gobbles.....not even a far off one. I dwas able to keep distance from others. I saw 1 BIG HEN all day and I saw her while I was in my truck. I’m wore out but I can’t wat to do it again.
Hopefully many will have tagged out And it’ll be my turn. They have gon silent......it is time to hunt them like deer
I might get 10 days a season that they are on fire and deer hunt them rascals when they anit. Im good with hearing one and waiting him out. Makes for less pressure on the bird I'm after if he don't blab his location to 15 other hunters

Doe Dirt

I might get 10 days a season that they are on fire and deer hunt them rascals when they anit. Im good with hearing one and waiting him out. Makes for less pressure on the bird I'm after if he don't blab his location to 15 other hunters
Yep those are the birds you want. I’m fine with just hearing 1 gobble 3-400yds off. At least I know about where he is and I’ll try to stay with him. Not hearing any gobbles can make it rough some days.

Doe Dirt

While we’re talking about PF.......and I’m not gonna give the location. But does anyone know where the old moonshine still is that has the railroad track running across the front of it?
I wonder how they got that down there back then? It’s several hundred pounds. Maybe drug it down in there with a horse?
I wonder what era all those old stills are from, I know I’ve seen 6-7 walking all over that place.