Paydirt! JZ goes down

whitedog

At 6:24 last night, I got the call from my youngest son, "Dad, I just shot JZ". JZ is a buck he had only seen in pics for the past 3 years. There were other bucks he wanted to arrow but JZ was on top of his list.

Though not hunting, I was close by so it didn't take me long to get there. He was still in his stand and he was grinning. "I had just rattled and grunted and a nice young 9 ptr popped out right on top of me. I was videoing him with my phone and heard leaves rustle to my right. JZ was coming out at 10 yds! I still had my phone in my hands! He walked right under me and headed straight away. I got my bow and drew as he walked away. I grunted. He stopped, turned his head and then started walking again. I grunted a 2nd time and he stopped again but then continued to walk away. The 3rd time I grunted, he turned at 28 yds and gave me a shot! I hit him good dad! I saw blood as soon as it hit him. I saw those big thick tines and knew it was him!" We hugged and high fived.

After fooling around and going to the store for fresh batteries, an hour and 20 minutes had passed. We took up the trail. We slowly followed good blood through really thick cover for 100 yds as we scanned ahead. "There he is"!! G was beside himself! :flag:

Attachments

• JZ2.jpg
    JZ2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,999
  • JZ1 .jpg
    JZ1 .jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,007
  • JZ3.jpg
    JZ3.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 2,002

Kris87

Congrats to the young man. Phenomenal buck!

The Fever

Wow!!!! Way to go!

Huntin Nole

Awesome!!

Derek Snider

Superb! Very impressive buck and story of the quest to boot! I know you are one proud father! I would be too!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
That's awesome! Congrats to you and your son

rjcruiser

Wow...those G2s....congrats to the young man!

Hunter922

SWEET.. nothing like a beast with the stick and string....

Duff

That is a heck of a buck!!!! Congrats to him!!

swamp

Congrats Great Buck!

j_seph

sweet , congrats..........what county y'all in

Pilgrim

WoW!! Congrats!!! :fine:

BowanaLee

Dang, thats a niceun.