Peanut Butter Tree

Shadow11

Rubbed some peanut butter on this pine the other day. Also put out a little corn and even some old bananas. The corn went first. I've never tried bananas before, but they didn't make it 2 hours after dark lol.

I've tried the peanut butter b4 near my house when I was younger, by cutting out the bottom of can and screwing lid on tree. Only had pics of coons back then. This place has a lot more deer, so it's a good place to experiment.

Screenshot_2024-02-17-19-23-22.pngScreenshot_2024-02-17-19-24-27.pngScreenshot_2024-02-17-19-26-00.pngScreenshot_2024-02-17-19-31-07.pngScreenshot_2024-02-17-19-33-48.pngScreenshot_2024-02-17-19-36-39.png

jaydawg

Good deal…I still put out a couple of cheap peanut butter jars from Wally World just to change it up a little…they never last too long

Josh B

I’ve done the lid to the tree before. They clean it out pretty fast. I thought about putting a string in the lid and hanging it. Would eliminate the coons and make it harder to lick it all out.

HughW2

My wife and I put some corn out for the neighborhood does from time to time. We had some over ripe bananas once and my wife asked if the deer would eat them. I told her that I doubted it. To @Shadow11 point, the bananas didn’t last long! Y’all are right that corn always gets hit first, but they will try some unusual stuff.

Shadow11

My wife and I put some corn out for the neighborhood does from time to time. We had some over ripe bananas once and my wife asked if the deer would eat them. I told her that I doubted it. To @Shadow11 point, the bananas didn’t last long! Y’all are right that corn always gets hit first, but they will try some unusual stuff.
Yeah I was doubtful on that too, but I guess there isn't much to choose from right now. This place is overpopulated too. A lot of large companies/apartments have moved in recently in this area. Not a great deal of woods/fields anymore.

Shadow11

They're still lickn on the pb tree. Even the big 10, as we call him came by last night and gave it a lick. He only comes by about once a week.

I put some pb out near my house a couple days ago. The deer have licked on it quite a bit. Even these 2 foxes came by and did some lickn.

Screenshot_2024-02-20-17-17-10.pngScreenshot_2024-02-20-17-15-24.pngScreenshot_2024-02-20-17-18-44.png

Shadow11

Yeah he'll be fun to watch grow. There're a few good ones in there out of about 20. They're starting to group up again. Still not shedding though. I put up a couple of shed knocker offer sticks Fri. Not sure if I did it right. Should I have gone lower?

Screenshot_2024-02-25-13-24-26.png

Shadow11

I knew there would be a lot of coons, possums, and a few deer behind house. I wasn't even thinking about foxes at the time. These are there most of the night and a lot in the day. I guess they're about like a dog. Can't get enough peanut butter. I did one of them hd pics this afternoon on the tactacam....

Screenshot_2024-02-26-00-05-57.png

Josh B

Fox's are pretty cool. I had some I fed off my porch every day until they started walking up to me in the yard. I was worried about rabies so I stopped feeding them. They loved popcorn

ucfireman

Yeah he'll be fun to watch grow. There're a few good ones in there out of about 20. They're starting to group up again. Still not shedding though. I put up a couple of shed knocker offer sticks Fri. Not sure if I did it right. Should I have gone lower?

View attachment 1290376
"experts" say that those are not a good idea. Deer could get caught up in them if the antlers are not really loose. Also could cause brain abscess if they don't break off cleanly at the pedicle.
I have thought about doing that but after reading I decided to let nature be nature.
But I think that is a good height.
Post if they work.

Shadow11

"experts" say that those are not a good idea. Deer could get caught up in them if the antlers are not really loose. Also could cause brain abscess if they don't break off cleanly at the pedicle.
I have thought about doing that but after reading I decided to let nature be nature.
But I think that is a good height.
Post if they work.
I heard about ppl doing wire and such. I definitely wouldn't want to do that. I can see how that could cause em to get wrapped up and cause damage. I figured just a little bump on a stick would hurt anything. I have my doubts that it'll even work.

Lindseys Grandpa

I’ve done the lid to the tree before. They clean it out pretty fast. I thought about putting a string in the lid and hanging it. Would eliminate the coons and make it harder to lick it all out.
I had a guy tell me to take some pantyhose put your hand in to toes grab a handful of peanut butter and turn it inside out . Hang on tree so rain and dew will make it run down like sap . They will eat the bark clean off tree.

Latest posts