Pheasant hunt

ilbcnu

Federwild plantation in Mitchell County has tower hunts.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Rush Creek Preserve is another great place, lots of walking and the birds fly great because of a large flight pen, as close to SD without the drive. They start taking reservations September 1st.FB_IMG_1574027672404.jpgScreenshot_20220305-144749_Chrome.jpg

spring

Of course there are no wild pheasants anywhere near Georgia (way too warm), but South Dakota has plenty of options, though be aware that even there, many of the lodges release birds, which allows guests to shoot well over the normal 3 rooster limit. I went to a place a few times that would let you shoot 35/day….. Crazy but it was a long trip to just shoot 3. Just keep in mind the charge per bird can get pretty steep.
Pretty sure a trick to tell if your bird was released or wild is if there’s a hole in the beak from a blinder.
Here’s the county-by-county range map for wild pheasants by the National Wild Pheasant Conservation Plan:

321839CA-D25F-43A9-B461-EB5C5843714D.jpeg

Last edited:

across the river

Of course there are no wild pheasants anywhere near Georgia (way too warm), but South Dakota has plenty of options, though be aware that even there, many of the lodges release birds, which allows guests to shoot well over the normal 3 rooster limit. I went to a place a few times that would let you shoot 35/day….. Crazy but it was a long trip to just shoot 3. Just keep in mind the charge per bird can get pretty steep.
Pretty sure a trick to tell if your bird was released or wild is if there’s a hole in the beak from a blinder.
Here’s the county-by-county range map for wild pheasants by the National Wild Pheasant Conservation Plan:

View attachment 1139375

Went to Maui years ago, and riding up the mountain it is pretty interesting the differences in habitat you get as is gets colder and colder. Part of the way up the mountain as we were driving up, a ring necked pheasant crossed the road. Wouldn’t think you would see one in Hawaii, but they are there. Got a little higher and saw some chukar. Pretty wild. Down by the resort there were a couple of different types of doves and there was a red crested cardinal that just hung out on the balcony the whole time.

leroy

Don't know what part of the state you are in, but both South Fork and Etowah offer Pheasants in their packages

Wasn't impressed with south fork, walked in circles in a set of bottoms, birds were awful, guy had to almost literally throw them up then you had to give them a second to get out little ways as not to disintegrate them.

WOODIE13

I would love to do a wild pheasant trip like this. Where did you fly into? How many days did you stay?
I actually drove to pierre, my buddy has a place out there, stayed 10 days

mecicon

Any preserve/plantation/lodge in SD that allows more than 3 roosters per day is a "put and take" outfitter. Even if you are are "paying extra".

For every bird taken they replace with two, that's why they log and tag every bird.

dawg

Not Wild but the guys at Southfork Plantation in Royston GA run a first class operation when it comes to bird hunting!!!!!!
Colby and Jacob are class acts in our back yard here in Georgia.

WOODIE13

Considering we had a few hunters there in SD, definitely wasn't a " put and take", 3 and we were done.

One day it was flushing, next day a drive, great lunch, better company

Enjoy

Last edited:

TAS

I've been to Reiger Creek in SD last two years. Great Lodge, great hunting, awesome guides and dogs.