Pioneer Car Stereo

NOYDB

BANNED
No, but if you check the model of the stereo it might tell you what model of cars it is supposed to fit.

ribber

Reason I ask, the stereo that came with a boat I bought is not working properly. 2 of the buttons on the front won't work about half the time. Previous owner had the face plate off and under one of the seats. It was wet when I dug it out, so I'm sure that contributed to it's failure. Figured I could get another Pioneer and not have to resplice everything. I'm just lazy!

NOYDB

BANNED
Reason I ask, the stereo that came with a boat I bought is not working properly. 2 of the buttons on the front won't work about half the time. Previous owner had the face plate off and under one of the seats. It was wet when I dug it out, so I'm sure that contributed to it's failure. Figured I could get another Pioneer and not have to resplice everything. I'm just lazy!

Take the stereo out and take it with to get a replacement. Buy one that matches.

lbzdually

Banned
Most of the time the same companies carry the same harness over from year to year and model to model. I have a Pioneer CD player and Pioneer DVD head unit and they swap out. One may have extra wires, but all have Power, Ground, Accessory and then White/white and black for front left, Gray/Gray with black for front left, Green/green and black for left rear, and Purple/purple with black for right rear. Then blue or blue with white stripe for power antenna/amplifier turn on.

oldfella1962

CRUTCHFIELD handles all types of wiring conversion kits and relate accessories. I give them two thumbs up! :cool:
I didn't want to pay 400 dollars for a new VW radio/CD player - (why pay for something that didn't last the life of the car? That's insane) so I bought a Pioneer radio at Best Buy for 50 dollars. I got the conversion accessories (harness, antenna, faceplate, etc.) from Crutchfield and all the instructions (also available free online at their site) for about another 30 dollars. All you need to provide them is the new radio info, the old radio info, and the vehicle info. They tell you what you need to buy - you can't beat that!