Plant or wait?

B. White

We planted today. I was surprised at the amount of moisture in the ground (Monroe County), but it was the big forestry service tractor, so it turned it deep. I'd expect the wheat to sprout in a few days. Should get some rain by next week. Last year is the worst I've seen where we are, two months before it rained after planting, but it did come on up once the rain came.

oochee hunter

Just got thru planting 3 hours ago. never planted this early but due to obligations decided to give it a try. No rain in forcast for a week, then out of nowhere it started raining, as of this minute we have had .8 in rain and still coming. Go figure! I did not get the clover down but will top dress it tomorrow or sun and hope for the best.

deers2ward

Next weekend (Oct 7) looks like a solid day to plant, though the weekend after should be easier discing (see attachment)

Attachments

• forecast.png
    forecast.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 799

misterpink

Trusting a 10-15 day forcast seldom turns out good for me. 5 day - maybe. 3 day - probably. Tomorrow - normally accurate.

PharmD

My advice is always to wait until at least the first week of October. Given weather predictions, I would plant now.

Lilly001

I planted last week. South Laurens county.
The beans are sprouting but the oats haven't popped up yet.
I hope the oats get it in gear before the deer eat all of the peas.

deers2ward

Next weekend (10/14-15) looks like easier plowing and moist dirt.

See attachment

Im going to plant then

Attachments

• Weather.png
    Weather.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 619

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Thanks. I guess I'll just plant next weekend or the next and hope for the best!

We should have a slow rain moving in around the 16th / 17th. Don't miss the window to getting your seed in the ground prior to that date. It'll turn off decidedly colder after that front passes.

ucfireman

Today

I planted 2 different areas today. 1 area with Wintergrazer rye, winter peas, radish and sugar beets, The other with wheat, oats and the peas, radish and beets.
I got cameras on both and put a deer excluder in to observe which the deer prefer.
Now come on NATE!::;

GeorgeShu

Got my plots planted in the dust today. Drove thru rain on the way to the house. Hoping Nate will bring wide spread rains to get everyone's plots up and growing.

bckwzlineman

I took a gamble on Nate, he bluffed, I called, and lost, so the turkeys got one fine buffet to pick over, will replant before next sure 100% rain

GeorgeShu

I planted a week ago, Nate came through for me, plus 2 added showers since.

Little bitty plants now but they will grow, I am confident.

Attachments

• Oct13.jpg
    Oct13.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 346

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
A good start! Can't wait to get down there and check on mine!