Pole barn project.....

TheWildLife

Been waiting for this for a long time, but now becoming real! Finally decided the time was right to build the shop I've wanted and needed. I was tired of working on equipment in the dirt and mud. I'm sure a lot of you can understand that.

A few details. Shop is 30' X 60', 6" concrete floor, 14' wall height, 16' X 14' and a 12' X 14' door on the ends. Additional footers at each post location along with footers at entry areas. Provisions for future bathroom also. Will have roll up doors installed in next few weeks hopefully. Just received the C.O. and power in the works. Will try to show a timeline of construction.

Attachments

• IMG_2264 (002).jpg
    IMG_2264 (002).jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2462 (002).jpg
    IMG_2462 (002).jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2462 (002).jpg
    IMG_2462 (002).jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2459 (002).jpg
    IMG_2459 (002).jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2415 (002).jpg
    IMG_2415 (002).jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2404 (002).jpg
    IMG_2404 (002).jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2358 (002).jpg
    IMG_2358 (002).jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2331 (002).jpg
    IMG_2331 (002).jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2304 (002).jpg
    IMG_2304 (002).jpg
    247 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2286 (002).jpg
    IMG_2286 (002).jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 91

Jeetdawg

My father in law was talking about doing one very similar to yours, but didn’t know any sort of price. What kinda budget should he consider (if you don’t mind me asking). Yours looks really good.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Very nice! You’ll be glad you bit the bullet and made it a reality.

DAWG1419

My father in law was talking about doing one very similar to yours, but didn’t know any sort of price. What kinda budget should he consider (if you don’t mind me asking). Yours looks really good.
My buddy just had a 30’w x 60’L put up, poles and roof only $14k. They did everything he just watched

TheWildLife

Thank you for the compliment and I don't mind answering at all. Glad to help anyone. I'm figuring $30/sq.ft. to be completely closed in and with power on. Please keep in mind that I went above and beyond with some things, i.e. 6" floors, 10' spacing on support posts, square tube trusses, and the wainscotting for the two tone look. Also, I've done the plumbing and electrical so there was some cost savings there. And as you can see, there isn't a flat spot on my land so a bit went into initial grading as well, but I'll be doing the finish grade work with my Bobcat.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’m sure you’re gonna enjoy your shop, working in the dirt isn’t fun for sure.
Where did you source your trusses? I’ve been planning to build a roof only shed, but I’m not sure of who to trust online.

Duff

Looks great!

B. White

My trusses and metal came from Jackson Metals in Forsyth. They are the square tube instead of angle iron type. They were able to provide engineering documents for the trusses. I would suggest asking your possible supplier(s) for that info as well.

I had them put up an insulated 30X30. I had a two car detached garage for 25 years at our old place and would not have believed how much cooler it is to work in it during hot weather. That high ceiling makes a huge difference. Enjoy.

GunnSmokeer

Looks great!
If this building is really bigger (in footprint) than you need,
I'd consider making one corner of it a "man cave" with a sofa and coffee table, a TV, dart board, video game console, etc. Panel the walls maybe with split trunks of small trees, and hang up a few posters. Hang a neon light from a bar or convenience store, you find used on eBay or Craigslist...

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Congrats! It's beautiful!!

TheWildLife

Thanks for all of the compliments. There will definitely be an area for, shall we say, conversations and consumption, but I'll will be using a pretty good bit of the space. Between my boat, work benches, storage racks, etc., I've got to leave some area to actually pull equipment in and work! :rolleyes:

sleepr71

Looks great. I built an office,and bathroom,with shower onto the rear of mine. A hot shower,without hearing my wife complain about me being filthy in the house..is priceless:)! Also,I Added a 24’ lean-to off each side…to park more stuff under! It is simply amazing how quick you can fill a shop up with projects,and “junk”..;)