Primitive Weapons Week

Rabun

This is kinda late...works been getting the way. Spent the better part of the week in NF land trying to bag some game. Was seeing bears left and right prior to PW season but no shooters during...seems to work that way with me. I did see a couple bears with cubs though. I guess the highlight was that I discovered some new ground and did see quite a few deer this trip although nothing with horns presented a shot. I refuse to shoot does in NE Ga due to our low numbers. My Son joined me late in the week and after our morning hunt we decided to take out the pontoon and do a little trolling. I look out in the middle of the lake and notice something odd....thought it was some floating debris. Ended up being a bear that swam across the entire lake...probably a good half mile. Fortunately there were very few boats out and we kept our distance as we did not want to stress him...camera was on full zoom. He swam very slowly and took his time and seemed to have no concerns whatsoever. Thought it was very cool and just wanted to share.

swimming bear.PNG
swimming bear2.PNG

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Cool pictures of the bear. Thanks for posting them.
Jeff

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Looks like he bear-ly made it across the lake!

I know, it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!:bounce:

Killer Kyle

Just like how oil sits on water, I'll bet all that fat keeps that bear buoyant!! Those are really awesome pics!