Pronghorn hunt

arrendale8105

I’m wanting to try to book a guided pronghorn hunt for my daughter an me. I’ve been searching the internet and have a couple I’ve emailed for some information but was wondering if anyone on here had any recommendations.

Thanks

fatback

I hunted with Ute Creek Outfitters in Northern New Mexico in 2008 and had a great trip. Not sure if they are still outfitting or not but you might want to check them out. I also hunted elk with them in 2009. Lee Vigil was the owner. Hunting antelope is a blast, hope y’all have a great trip.

TJay

Wyoming is a great destination for pronghorn as well as Montana and New Mexico. I had success in eastern Colorado with J & D Outfitters. They are also a great outfitter for mule deer on the eastern plains.

menhadenman

I’ve killed about a dozen antelope in WY over last 15 years DIY on public ground. For a guided hunt I’d check outfitters north of Casper where you can draw a tag with no preference points. It’s gotten much harder and the herd is down from droughts.

You can call the game and fish office and speak to a biologist. They’re always helpful. Application deadline is end of May so I’d get on it if you go this route. Good luck!

Robust Redhorse

It might be too late to get drawn for this fall, but I've never failed on DYI hunts in Wyoming.

They only guide out west that I've ever hunted with was Audrey.

They will do you right:

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
It might be too late to get drawn for this fall, but I've never failed on DYI hunts in Wyoming.

They only guide out west that I've ever hunted with was Audrey.

They will do you right:

I thought the antelope deadline in Wyoming was May 31?

billy336

I hunted with Blue Rock Outfitters. Mike Zmek is a great young outfitter, he is in the Powder River valley area and hunts both SE Montana and NW Wyoming. I recommend them a hundred times. Great camp and food. He put on this great Antelope in Montana. 81 6/8”, missed the B&C book by a 1/4”1CF92A77-C83A-49FE-AB01-4A8C8FFB9AD2.jpeg

huntfish

Do your homework on a speed goat hunt and be specific with them. Lots of them hunt out of trucks, spot them, drive as close as they can get, then shoot them without much effort. Very easy to fill a tag on a legal goat. Ask about the land they hunt and who else hunts it. If they don't have exclusive use, go elsewhere.

Budda

Second referral for Table Mountain Outfitters. One of the best outfitters in the business.

Big7

The Oracle
I hunted with Blue Rock Outfitters. Mike Zmek is a great young outfitter, he is in the Powder River valley area and hunts both SE Montana and NW Wyoming. I recommend them a hundred times. Great camp and food. He put on this great Antelope in Montana. 81 6/8”, missed the B&C book by a 1/4”View attachment 1216573Nice Antelope and rifle too.

Robust Redhorse

Look way farther south this year, if it's not too late.

Maybe New Mexico or Arizona.

I talked to a Wyoming biologist a few weeks ago who told me that in his area, they've lost 80% of their herd.

Jetjockey

Much of WY is done for a couple years. At the end of April, I drive I-80 from Laramie into Utah. The winter kill is ridiculous. I easily saw 400+ dead speed goats on the side of the highway. Look into NM, who had a mild winter.

Last edited:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Trophies Plus Outfitters. They’re actually on Montana but right at the state line near Wyoming. Saw a bunch of pronghorn while I was out there turkey hunting in April.

Timberman

I went with Tracy Weyer of Hidden Valley outfitters in Wibaux MT. I did a combo hunt for pronghorn and mule deer. Plenty of land lots of game and a good guy. Been in the business a long time. You can check him out on Facebook. YMMV