Proof of residency for a minor

SarahFair

My son, 15 years old, is going to take his learners and needs (2) proofs of residency.

Aside from letters from my grandma, he gets no mail.

What have yall used?

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Is your address on school papers? Doctors office?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Pharmacy, church, bank account, social security

SarahFair

Is your address on school papers? Doctors office?
The forms filled out are linked to the house, but I have nothing here at the house with it.
Is there something official enough for the DDS they can print off?
Pharmacy, church, bank account, social security
He has a social security card, but nothing with residency on it.
Nothing from any of the others mentioned.

hopper

I think we had to get a paper signed from the school. I don't remember having to prove residency.

specialk

My late wife got our son a state id when he was 8 or 9...not sure what they required then...he had a savings acct as well....

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Get a ID card from the driver license office before lic. To drive maybe. Maybe nail with your name on it and your D. L. Will work since your his parents.
Call and ask them or drop by. Where we live it’s simple. Small town USA

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
The forms filled out are linked to the house, but I have nothing here at the house with it.
Is there something official enough for the DDS they can print off?

He has a social security card, but nothing with residency on it.
Nothing from any of the others mentioned.
You don't have a doctors/insurance bill/statement at home? Maybe Dr.'s office will print out one. And I would think something from the school too.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Along with their birth certificate and social security cards, mine used my utility bill and vehicle registration papers.

SarahFair

It has to be within the last 6 months and we have literally nothing with his name on it that fits in the criteria.

I called, which I was avoiding trying to do because of the automated system :rolleyes: and finally got through to a living person

They said as long as a legal parent or guardian can provide their proof of residencies (which also includes a filed tax form listing the child as a dependent) that would work.

He's going tomorrow, I may send my 1st born with him incase they need that too :bounce:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
It has to be within the last 6 months and we have literally nothing with his name on it that fits in the criteria.

I called, which I was avoiding trying to do because of the automated system :rolleyes: and finally got through to a living person

They said as long as a legal parent or guardian can provide their proof of residencies (which also includes a filed tax form listing the child as a dependent) that would work.

He's going tomorrow, I may send my 1st born with him incase they need that too :bounce:
His name doesn’t have to be on anything but his birth certificate and social security card.

The other methods - utility, tax bills, etc., shows proof of residency where’s he’s sleeping even though it’s not in his name.

trial&error

Minors - may present a passport; however, proof of guardianship requires a certified birth certificate or certified court-ordered documents.

from the id requirements page. Call dmv and ask specifically.

westcobbdog

Along those lines consider getting him a Netflix acct he pays for, like $15 per month. Paper trail you need is established plus his credit score will skyrocket in no time just by paying the $15 on time or early.