Pushing the vaccine

zedex

Gator Bait
So, I'm talking with a neighbor of a client a few days back. Older fella. He always comes out while I'm working.

He asked if I've been vaccinated yet. I tell him I have not, dont intent to go that route. He inquired as to why I wont.

I explained that I dont think the virus is a severe threat to otherwise healthy people and the vaccine has yet to prove itself as safe or effective.

Then, he comes at me with " what if there was a vaccine that offers protection with a 99.9% chance of no side effects.?"

I countered with "what if there was a virus with a 99.99% survival rate . Would you take an experimental vaccine for it?"

Then, he throws this into the discussion....

" theres a 50 percent chance of catching the virus and spreading it, you need to take the vaccine "

My retort came quickly...

" taking the vaccine has not only proven itself as not effective as you can still get it, suffer from it and still spread the virus. You still have to social distance, repeated rub toxic chemicals over your hands and you still have to wear a mask. Nothing has changed for you-- yet. We dont know the long term ramifications that the vaccine presents because you are part of the long term testing "

As I was saying this, my client came out. She heard the conversation and agreed with my position. She is about 10 years younger than I am and the neighbor is about 30 years older.

I did not try to be mean or shut him down. She was a tad more brutal than I was.

How do yall handle such situations? Was I in the right with my tact?

Redbow

Some folks just can't mind their own business. I don't talk about the vaccine very much some people tend to get upset if you haven't taken it and don't plan to. I don't like people telling me what I need or don't need. You IMO were right on target with that gentleman.

BDD

I feel like you and don't plan on taking it. I have to fly to a baseball tournament later this month and wonder if it will be a problem.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I don't think there is much you can do.

There so much conflicting information out there. Theres no telling what people have seen or read to form there opinion. It seems the older the person is the more they are prone to take the govt. line. I guess there more likely to be that way because there more at risk.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I feel like you and don't plan on taking it. I have to fly to a baseball tournament later this month and wonder if it will be a problem.

If it is tell them you IDENTIFY as vaccinated and file a discrimination suit if they still won't allow you on the flight. I mean if you can CHOOSE your gender with no PAPERS to support it you should be able to choose your vaccination status with no papers to support it.

bilgerat

Senior
I am not welcome to visit My brothers or sisters houses because I have not be vaccinated. They are both flabbergasted that I will not take it and are scared that I will infect them even thou they and their spouses have taken it. I have given up trying to reason with them and just dont even try to explain My position on the subject. not worth the argument.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I work in a small business and have yet to wear a mask at work. I'm a compulsive hand washer, so that's no problem. When some folks come in some of the first words out of their mouth as of late are Have you had your shots? I don't go into detail, I just say I'm good.

killerv

you are supposed to love thy neighbor and just take the vaccine...at least that is what that loon Eric Erickson has been saying on his radio show

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Man, that is weird!

I posted a video of Lee Dundas speaking about the vaccine from my phone and it shows up in my post. I get on my PC and nothing there. :huh:

Something is blocking it from this site.

transfixer

The Government and Big Pharma has never been totally honest with the public ,,, EVER ! all you have to do is look back at history to confirm that ! Those that choose to believe our Government and the Pharmaceutical companies about these vaccines are doing so at their own risk, and risk of their children , given the past record of both entities I'm not foolish enough to trust them.

I'll trust my own immune system ,,, and I recently told this to my Doctor on my recent checkup ,,, they did not disagree with me.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Man, that is weird!

I posted a video of Lee Dundas speaking about the vaccine from my phone and it shows up in my post. I get on my PC and nothing there. :huh:

Nope. It's posted twice.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
So, I'm talking with a neighbor of a client a few days back. Older fella. He always comes out while I'm working.

He asked if I've been vaccinated yet. I tell him I have not, dont intent to go that route. He inquired as to why I wont.

I explained that I dont think the virus is a severe threat to otherwise healthy people and the vaccine has yet to prove itself as safe or effective.

Then, he comes at me with " what if there was a vaccine that offers protection with a 99.9% chance of no side effects.?"

I countered with "what if there was a virus with a 99.99% survival rate . Would you take an experimental vaccine for it?"

Then, he throws this into the discussion....

" theres a 50 percent chance of catching the virus and spreading it, you need to take the vaccine "

My retort came quickly...

" taking the vaccine has not only proven itself as not effective as you can still get it, suffer from it and still spread the virus. You still have to social distance, repeated rub toxic chemicals over your hands and you still have to wear a mask. Nothing has changed for you-- yet. We dont know the long term ramifications that the vaccine presents because you are part of the long term testing "

As I was saying this, my client came out. She heard the conversation and agreed with my position. She is about 10 years younger than I am and the neighbor is about 30 years older.

I did not try to be mean or shut him down. She was a tad more brutal than I was.

How do yall handle such situations? Was I in the right with my tact?

Zedex, I think you handled it perfectly.

Fletch_W

Banned
Man, that is weird!

Its not like that. Similar thing happened recently when C Killmaster posted a bear sighting map. I couldn't see it on my windows or iphone, but on my chromebook it popped up clear as day. It's a bug somewhere, but it's not a conspiracy.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's nobody's business whether somebody else chooses to get or not get a covid shot.

Fletch_W

Banned
My fear isn't side effects. I'm afraid it might not work and be useless and give people false hope and later this year we'll have a morphed version of the virus that is deadlier and/or starts affecting children.