Question for the old guys on here...

jerry russell

This may seem like a bit of an odd question for here but I need a little information from someone with knowledge of the Southside of Atlanta. It is traditional archery information in that it is a question that reaches far back in history. Long before the bows of today.

I acquired a very old porcelain sign. It is the kind you would see on the roads back in the 40s to early 70s. It says "Bow and Arrow Restaurant" It indicates that this place was West of Tara Blvd (41/19 hwy.) on or near Hwy 138. I am guessing somewhere between Jonesboro and Riverdale in Clayton County?

What I would like is any history on this place. Keep in mind that we are talking a long way back in time because I grew up in that area and I don't remember it and I am 52. I do remember an indoor archery range in that area about 32-34 years ago but there was no restaurant there that I can remember.
Let's see what you have archery history detectives...

littlewolf

I think the restaurant sign is just to the right of the motel sign. And the name makes sense for a restaurant at the Robin Hood Motel.

jerry russell

That is very interesting information. That hotel looks very inviting 40 years ago, lol. I worked that area as a fireman for many years. Not a place you would take the family now.

Jake Allen

I had to work in Riverdale once after a storm....... Glad to see that spot in the rearview.

Very diplomatic way of putting things.
I once owned some rental property on the edge of Riverdale.
My description of the duplex would almost always begin with; "albiet in a questionable neighborhood".

That Robin Hood hotel has been nothing but a roach castle for many years.