Question of the day

sinclair1

You’re in a store and thugs are just lootin while people watch. Will you be able to resist?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I tote a heavy PTSD and not sure I could sit there. For a skinny punk I
Would probably just run wide open and let him feel 6’3’’ 270 at full stride.
The police there will not even arrest him and you want to go and commit battery upon his person! You should move deeper into the woods like me. LOL

Dub

I couldn’t resist the compulsion to intervene.

The impulsive side of me would want to slap some sense in him.

Hopefully I could be less impulsive and simply stand in the doorway, blocking his exit, allowing him to decide how it escalates from there.…handsy, stabby or shooty.

I detest lowlife vermin.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Fifteen years ago, I'd have tackled and beat the crap outta that guy, just to see if I could...

Now I'm old, my back hurts, and, I'm beyond all that foolishness, unless me and mine are in danger.

In that case, it's best I don't say what I'll do, and then go get a sandwich and a cup of coffee and sleep just fine that night....

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
These people have zero respect nor hold any value of another persons life. I’ve almost lost count of the number of shootings and murders I and my Dept’ have been to in the recent past. I’m not talking about random drive by’s either. Had 3 at the same time a few days ago.
All that to say, any of us that decide to take a stand in that situation better be ready to stand on business. I guarantee you they won’t think twice about killing you or me.

dslc6487

I would leave him alone. Find me a corner to hide in. I have a wife and 2 children to provide for. And, I cannot do that in prison. That is where I would be because of our liberal court and judicial system. Ain't this a great country or what..........

Lilly001

Unless a persons safety was at risk I would observe (maybe film) and offer my observations to law enforcement. I would safeguard myself and my family first.
I am almost always armed, and I’ve taken a like to carrying a 1911, but deadly force is a line I would have to be pushed to cross. Not because of any sympathy for the thugs, I could cap one and sleep well that night, but because I’ve seen the injustice that Good Samaritans get put through.

sinclair1

If the store owner or owners won't life a finger to stop the thug from stealing their merchandise why should I ?
Probably good advise, but also why we are going in the wrong direction.

I guess it started with losing the mom and pop stores. My dad would have intervened if they were robbing Barns Hardware back in the 70’s.

No one cares about all the big companies that run the small guy out of town. I guess I should take that in consideration.

leroy

If the store owner or owners won't life a finger to stop the thug from stealing their merchandise why should I ?
He walked past LEO'S on the way out, why would you want to risk your life, family's livelihood for some cellphones, if they are not willing.