questions

striper sniper

Couple of questions, 1st I found a spool of power pro braid never been opened but it's 3 years old. Is it ok or rotten?

Next my gas Guage stays on full and only moves a little. I took sending unit out and moved it up and down with my hand and it doesn't change. Is it a bad sending unit or guage? I replaced sending unit about 2 years ago.

StriperrHunterr

Couple of questions, 1st I found a spool of power pro braid never been opened but it's 3 years old. Is it ok or rotten?

Next my gas Guage stays on full and only moves a little. I took sending unit out and moved it up and down with my hand and it doesn't change. Is it a bad sending unit or guage? I replaced sending unit about 2 years ago.

Use a fish scale and a sample of the line to see how much it would hold. If close to box spec, I'd say go with it.

Could be either. I would think that there's a way to electrically test the sending unit, what make/model is it?

This is what a google search returns, but you should be able to check continuity between the leads at the gauge and the sending unit to make sure it's not a wiring problem.
http://www.howacarworks.com/fuel-systems/checking-and-replacing-a-fuel-sender-unit

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have Power Pro spooled on reels that is 3 years old and still G2G, even after being used in salt water.
SH is correct on the test.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I have Power Pro spooled on reels that is 3 years old and still G2G, even after being used in salt water.
SH is correct on the test.

Same here. PowerPro going on 4-5 years old and saltwater/oyster bar abuse. Still good!

striper sniper

I think the lines probably ok, I'll do the scale test on a piece. Great idea.

Boats a sea pro and sending unit was closer to 40 with shipping if I remember correctly. Thanks Hunter, I'll take a fluke meter home and try some testing.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think the lines probably ok, I'll do the scale test on a piece. Great idea.

Boats a sea pro and sending unit was closer to 40 with shipping if I remember correctly. Thanks Hunter, I'll take a fluke meter home and try some testing.

Fuel Gauges can be sensitive to wire gauge and length. Something to think about if any re wiring has been done or is contemplated.

lcookie

My fuel gauge was acting up on my last boat. I had to reground it to the starting battery and it still works to this day.

brett30030

I think you ought to park the boat for the next 4-5 months, that should solve the problem! LOL. Your on fire David!!!

jerseycat9

Throw the power pro in the garbage and get some sufix 832 that will take the anxiety away lol