Quota hunt bag limit

shootemall

It depends on the quota hunts. I think most are two, but check the regs. It also varies if it is either sex, buck only, quality buck only... if you still can't find it, call the WMA, they'll tell you, but they usually work banker's hours at the numbers listed in the regs.

diamondback

I think all wma quota hunts have a 2 deer limit. Quality areas is also 2 but only 1 can be a buck. Some of the state park hunts and piedmont refuge are different

BBond

It depends on the quota hunts. I think most are two, but check the regs. It also varies if it is either sex, buck only, quality buck only... if you still can't find it, call the WMA, they'll tell you, but they usually work banker's hours at the numbers listed in the regs.
Actually that number is to the regional office that manages the WMA. Very few WMAs have a phone number directly to it. Since it is an office is why the hours are 8am-430pm.

As Diamondback said if it's a WMA then the quota bag limit is most likely 2. Then you need to refer to the regs booklet or look here
to see if the hunt you are on is buck only, either-sex, or buck only/either-sex last day.

If it is a quality buck are then only 1 tag is for a buck as Diamondback stated.

Good luck!

Offroadtek

The answer is read the regulations and ask the local ranger.

But something that I learned just a couple years ago is that if it's "2 deer of either sex", it could be 2 spikes. The 4 points on one side rule doesn't apply to WMA hunts unless it's stated in the regs.

shootemall

I just saw @BBond quoted and replied to what I said. I agree, some WMA don't have a phone number, but if I call the number listed for the regional office, and have specific questions, they will usually take my number and have somebody call me back. It isn't always perfect, they can't tell me where a ten point will be at dawn, but I find DNR provides me pretty good customer service. In my haste, I may have implied I reach the WMA directly, but even when I don't, the regional office often has the answers I need. OP if you are new, you can probably get your answers from the regional office.

Todd E

And you need to see if the quota hunt is sign in or check in. Sign in requires you to use your regular ga tags. ;)

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
And you need to see if the quota hunt is sign in or check in. Sign in requires you to use your regular ga tags. ;)

We call check-in hunts "Bonus Deer" now because they don't count against the bag limit and it's a little more descriptive.