Range Finders

Jim Boyd

I am not a Leupold guy but have their lower end model ($200 or so?) and it is in its 5-6 year and has been bulletproof

cself

Well the only one I have ever owned is a Nikon had it over a decade and it's still working great I don't think there has been big advancement of the technology so I would recommend buying the lightest one with a reliable name in your price range.

BDD

I picked up the Bushnell at WM for $130, Never needed one until I started shooting a crossbow.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have a Nikon I bought for golf bout 15-20 years ago........I think I have changed the batteries in it once. It used to sit in my golf bag or truck or backpack as I switch it back and forth.. No need to buy another and it’s been great. I think I bought it at PGA Super store for like $125

GRT24

Got lucky and bought the bushnell binos and rangefinder combo for 130 or 140 bucks at cabelas several years ago. Rangefinders work great. Has a archery setting that shows actual range and then shows the compensated range to use.

goblr77

I had a Nikon Archer's Choice for years and didn't have any issues other than not reading on foggy mornings. I'm currently using a Leupold RX 650 which reads accurately for long distance rifle shots as well. The Leupold is a better unit.

benellisbe

No matter what you choose, get a range finder that has an internal color other than black. If you try to range in low light it is VERY hard to see the readout. I have several, the cheap bushnell you can get works fine, but I do not use it for hunting. in the deep woods where i bow hunt, I cannot read it unless there is good light. I have several Leupolds (RX-2800 is my favorite) with the readout being Red and I have no problem seeing yardages before I can even see my pins in the morning.

Sixes

Not really a Nikon fan, but I bought a Nikon at least 10 years ago, maybe closer to 15, and other than change the battery a couple of times, it's worked like a charm