Rankings Released

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Sad but true. It's been so long since both teams were good at the same time. The game is meaningless every year now, heck I don't even hate florida state anymore and haven't for awhile. We need to get the major programs in the state back on track and put georgia back in another 40 year trek through the wilderness
That last remark was hurtful. Why can’t Georgia be good too?

walukabuck

That last remark was hurtful. Why can’t Georgia be good too?
They can be good just not national title good, since they've totally screwed up college football now with all these playoffs there is only one champion. Not that my gators have anything to worry about in that regard for a long time being there one small step ahead of Vanderbilt (maybe) at this point. Now if they'd just bring back the old bowl format and vote on these things before they sold out to the almighty dollar. The controversy every year was actually part of the beauty of college football. Who knows maybe one day florida and georgia could be co-national Champs. Wouldn't that be sweet. The last 13 years of florida football since Tebow graduated makes one appreciate the good years and helps one to understand the plight of the dawg all them years. I would urge you doggies to not take these good times for granted and appreciate what's going now because it don't last forever and it can take years to get back. If Kirby ever leaves georgia due to esophageal spasms i would suggest not hiring Muschamp, mcelwain or Mullen. Names that start with m are no good. Anyway, hoping Kirby calls of the dogs next week once they're up by forty or maybe they agree to a running clock in the second half. Either way I'll be in a talbot county tree to avoid witnessing the carnage. The one bright spot is my fort valley state wildcats are 6-1

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Wait so beating Vanderbilt makes you number one?
No. It's people on panels made up of coaches and press that make a team number 1. People who are smarter about these things than you. That can take real world info and not turn it into a Google link ?

AccUbonD

I read somewhere that the voters took into account that Tennessee would loose to Georgia. Even though Tennessee has beaten 4 ranked opponents. Can’t remember where I read that. Next up ranked Kentucky, after that Georgia. Good luck ranked opponents.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I read somewhere that the voters took into account that Tennessee would loose to Georgia. Even though Tennessee has beaten 4 ranked opponents. Can’t remember where I read that. Next up ranked Kentucky, after that Georgia. Good luck ranked opponents.
In the SEC, anybody and jump up and beat you if you're not careful! This is the strongest I've seen the SEC overall in years.

lampern

No. It's people on panels made up of coaches and press that make a team number 1. People who are smarter about these things than you. That can take real world info and not turn it into a Google link ?

Smarter about what?

What skill does it take to clobber Vanderbilt????

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
As @walukabuck pointed out, these are the same folks who screw up the rankings year in and year out simply so they/we have something to talk/write about. As of this point the Voltards have played EXACTLY ONE ranked team, Alabama, as the others are nowhere to be seen no matter what someone thought they might, mebbe could possibly be if only.

lampern

Oh come now

If it was up to the poll voters Notre Dame would be number one forever and always regardless of their record

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Wait so beating Vanderbilt makes you number one?
They use factors like strength of schedule, results, championships won, common opponents and more.

The strength of schedule is kinda a dullard for me especially teams in the ACC, Big 10, etc. that is why tOSU and Clemson are always in the top 5!

Bama beat Texas by 1 point, they beat A&M by 4, then lost to Tennessee!

Bama will have their hands full with Ole Miss and Miss State, but Saban is the best there is so I would NEVER count him out!

BuckNasty83

As @walukabuck pointed out, these are the same folks who screw up the rankings year in and year out simply so they/we have something to talk/write about. As of this point the Voltards have played EXACTLY ONE ranked team, Alabama, as the others are nowhere to be seen no matter what someone thought they might, mebbe could possibly be if only.
We knocked 2 of those teams out of the rankings. Pitt losing to GT was ugly, but Pitt likely finishes season somewhere well inside the top 20 range.

LSU was only 24/25 so they couldn't sustain a ranking after a loss.

Florida beat a #6 Utah, which is still ranked and beat a #12 USC.

Nothing matters right now anyway. It's all in how you finish the season and this is why teams shouldn't be ranked in preseason, but then ppl would complain rankings wasn't fair20221016_204056.jpg

Last edited: