Reasonable Price for Muzzle Brake?

krizia829

Someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong, but that isn't how a brake works. The gases exiting the barrel going forward is a large part of the recoil. A brake directs the gases to the side and/or to the rear to offset a portion of the rearward "kick". The gases blowing back towards the shooter as opposed to away from the shooter is what makes the things so unbearably loud. At the range, with proper hearing protection, it isn't a big deal other than the fact that no one, and I mean NO ONE else at the range is going to enjoy your presence. In the field, shooting at a deer, you will come to hate it very quickly.
I probably misunderstood the function of the ones i've seen online with angled ports. we have 2 rifles at home with brakes and I know at the range it's not fun for others and for myself in the woods when there's no hearing protection. Ughhhh I guess i'll just wait and see what I do ?‍♀️?‍♀️ lol

smokey30725

Agreed on the limbsaver pad. It turned my Winchester 94 30/30 into a new gun. I can easily go through two boxes of Leverevolution ammo at the range and not feel like a mule kicked me in the shoulder.