Redneck philly

Wadey1980

Redneck philly
6B878B77-A9CE-4023-AB89-12EB51E2AB05.jpegThis is one of my favorite things to make with my cubed venison. You can add whatever you like but I prefer:
Cubed venison
Mushrooms
Onions
Peppers
Provolone and pepper jack cheese
Your bread of choice
To prepare I pre cook the venison (cook it how you like it). Sauté your veggies (again how you like them). Place venison on a baking sheet. Top with sautéed veggies. Cover with cheese. Back in the oven on 350 long enough to get that cheese melted. Let cool and build your sandwich. A tip when cooking the venison don’t cook all the way through because it’s going to cook a bit more in the oven. I like to use chipotle mayo and spicy mustard but you use what you like best. I should also share that when you take it out of the oven it will be juicy. So depending on the type of bread you are using, you may want to take it from the pan and set it on a paper towel before sticking it on the bread. I like to use a little firmer bread so I don’t really have this issue but I’m sure with some breads you could end up with a soggy sandwich if not careful. Enjoy y’all!!

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Learn something new every day, thanks!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh Yeah!!