Release Question

deerbandit

What are everyone's thoughts on a back tension release? If you like them which ones are good. I use a standard wrist strap caliper release but often times I feel like I punch the release. I'm wondering if using a back tension release would help correct this. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.

kiltman

I tried one, didn't like it. Just not my cup of tea. I am now using a thumb release. It's like a back tension release, you anchor, then pull back more until it fires. By pulling back you cause your thumb to close up. I hope I explain that correctly.

spydermon

Pick a brass type back tension, or hinge release. The extra weight will help with a nice follow through and to me it has a better feel on the break. The Scott longhorn pro brass is a good one.

satchmo

I think everybody that has target panic , or punches the trigger would benefit using a back tension release. Then go back to your regular release if you want. It definitely is an underrated tool for your form. It will help make you always use back tension with any type release after using a hindge style release. Stan makes a back tension release with a safty( just a removable screw that won't let the release fire). It will click if you accidentally go far enough to fire it. And it will keep somebody from busting their nose with their own hand like a standard back tension. All releases should be used with back tension. But a " back tension release" is a fantastic tool.

markland

Trufire has a new 4 finger release out now called C4 which is a carbon composite release with a very nice trigger and retails less than $70 and shoots great. Will give ya something to try without having to spend a ton of money.

hmaadd

I can't use a triger release. I have target panic. Use it hunting and have no problems. It's even helped me with shooting targets w/rifles and pistols