Removing Garlic Smell From Hands

SarahFair

After not being able to eat Garlic for many years, I found that I am free from that intolerance and have been incorporating it back into my meals. :fine:

The only downside is the stench it leaves on my hands for days.

What do yall use to remove it off your hands?
Do the stainless/copper "soap bars" work, or are they gimmicks?

ambush80

After not being able to eat Garlic for many years, I found that I am free from that intolerance and have been incorporating it back into my meals. :fine:

The only downside is the stench it leaves on my hands for days.

What do yall use to remove it off your hands?
Congrats on being able to use garlic. I can't imagine not being able to. A good long scrub with hot soapy water does the trick for me. If you have long nails, you might need a little scrub brush to get under them.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I saw on the food network they rub their fingers on the stainless steel faucet on the sink will washing there hands and they said it worked. :huh:

specialk

when i was a kid i used toothpaste to de-scent after washing them real good after cleaning fish.....

sinclair1

I hit my hands with lemon juice. If that don’t work a little hand sanitizer before washing.
I am making garlic bread now.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
The stainless has always worked for me, but it has to do with the ph of your body so won't work for some folks.

Hoss78

Not sure about garlic but 6-8 saltine crackers is what I use after cleaning fish to get the smell off my hands.

georgia_home

+1 on this. works extremely well for fish smell. first thing i did after getting home from a day on the water.

when i was a kid i used toothpaste to de-scent after washing them real good after cleaning fish.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Soap and water here.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Baking soda and vinegar

TJay

My wife got one of the Stainless bars, I haven't tried it but she claims it works pretty good. We are always chopping onion and garlic in the kitchen.

Attachments

• IMG_3026.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 3

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Gloves

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My advice? Don't wash it off and you'll never have to worry about werewolves again. They certainly steer clear of us. :bounce:

TJay

I don't know why I replied to this one, I like the smell of garlic except when I get my hand up around my face it makes me hungry.