restoration shop

dawgfan28

Looking for a shop in South Georgia to do some restoration work on a 1992 Ford Bronco. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

GeorgiaGlockMan

For what kind of work?

Most specialize in something. Paint/body, engine, exhaust, suspension, rhino line, after market bolt ons, upholstery, etc....

Some shops say they do it all but really sub alot out and charge you a healthy % for cash flow and hassle.

What do you need?

dawgfan28

For what kind of work?

Most specialize in something. Paint/body, engine, exhaust, suspension, rhino line, after market bolt ons, upholstery, etc....

Some shops say they do it all but really sub alot out and charge you a healthy % for cash flow and hassle.

What do you need?

looking to turn it into an overland camping vehicle. Needing a little bit of everything done. Engine, exhaust, suspension (I have new suspension just not put on), all of that stuff. I want to make it a reliable vehicle. It runs. I am not looking to make it a show pony I just want to get it in reliable shape.

Artfuldodger

I would do the route as GeorgiaGlockMan suggest and you do the subcontracting yourself.
It would be nice though to hire someone else to be the head contractor so to speak. I would think that would be costly and you may not get the custom work that you wanted.

I wonder if there is a Georgia Bronco Club or forum that may have garage/shop suggestions if you don't find any on this forum?

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Ditto above. I would think you would find a few shops that can do each section better and more affordably than one shop that promises they can do it all.

In the meantime, you may already have seen these, but I'd spend some time scrolling through these two forums to get the "been there done that" advice for your vehicle.
Full Size Bronco Forums

Might find some limited examples here:
ExpeditionPortal Full-Size Vehicles

I agree with you, money well spent getting reliability covered first before modifications if you are going to spend time roaming around fair distances from home.

hopper

Sounds like you just need a good mechanic to make it reliable and possibly do the exhaust. Thinking from that point a decent 4x4 shop to do the suspension, gears lockers and such. I would definitely join a Bronco forum and learn as much as possible if you haven't already.
You could probably tackle the suspension, I did my TJ and I'm a moron?