Rhule to Nebraska...8 year done deal.

BornToHuntAndFish

Rhule, 47, was less than three seasons into his seven-year, $62 million deal with the Panthers when he was fired after a 1-4 start to this season.
He was still owed more than $40 million when he was fired by the Panthers.

Not too bad for being fired. Too bad GT did not get him.

huntfish

What a mistake by Nebraska. Rhule is 47-43 overall in NCAA as head coach and hasn't stayed with a program longer than 4 years so it's hard to say if he rebuilt the program. At Temple, he signs a 6 year deal in 2015 and then leaves that season for Baylor. Signs a 10 year extension in 2019 at Baylor then promptly runs to the NFL.

Mark my words, he won't last 3 years at Nebraska.

brownceluse

I think he’s a good coach. But he’s shown to not stay long. Nebraska is a 5 year build not a 3 in my opinion. Nebraska is my 2nd favorite team. I love the state. Hope he does well for Nebraska brothers and sisters. Quite a few of them are Dawgs right now due to the Huskers sucking so bad

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
What a mistake by Nebraska. Rhule is 47-43 overall in NCAA as head coach and hasn't stayed with a program longer than 4 years so it's hard to say if he rebuilt the program. At Temple, he signs a 6 year deal in 2015 and then leaves that season for Baylor. Signs a 10 year extension in 2019 at Baylor then promptly runs to the NFL.

Mark my words, he won't last 3 years at Nebraska.
If he recruits well due to his street cred and leaves a stable for the next HC then it will be worth the risk of him leaving in 3.

GBR

huntfish

If he recruits well due to his street cred and leaves a stable for the next HC then it will be worth the risk of him leaving in 3.

GBR
He doesn't recruit worth a pile. Nebraska already signed this years commitments

"I'm going to tell everyone, hey, this is how we're going to do things. I'm going to share a vision with everybody. And if it's for you, great. And if it's not for you, I understand. I want every student-athlete that's in our program to be happy. So if they're not happy with us, I want them to go somewhere where they can be happy."