Rice Bran

Buck Dropper

Where can I find rice bran in South Georgia? I’m in Douglas. We fed it regularly in Oklahoma and coons don’t eat as much of it as they do corn.

Jdmb123

I had never heard of it until I started hunting in Arkansas, seems like a go to there. I’ve always wondered how our deer would take to it.

Buck Dropper

I had never heard of it until I started hunting in Arkansas, seems like a go to there. I’ve always wondered how our deer would take to it.
Same here, I never heard of it till I started hunting in Oklahoma. It’s everywhere out there, even Walmart.

Where can I find rice bran in South Georgia? I’m in Douglas. We fed it regularly in Oklahoma and coons don’t eat as much of it as they do corn.
Most feed stores . They will have to order it. . Coons in SE Georgia will tear it up . Deer did not like it much . You will do better with grape kool aid . 2 pounds of sugar, 2 pounds of table salt and 2 pounds of baking soda. Do not put this in an auto feeder pour your corn on the ground pour you look aid mix on the corn and mix it with shovel or hoe . Allot cheaper than rice bran

flatwoods

Sounds like a regional thing. Not much rice grown here. No need to ship if you can market all of it locally.

It’s cheap in Arkansas because they got a bunch of rice

Ace1313

I’m not sure if Douglas has a Marvin’s home center but they carry it as well.

Deer do not like pelletized rice bran. Buy the powder/flakes, they'll walk past corn and acorns to eat it. Much more nutritional than corn too.

HavocLover

All I can say is check the forecast. I was using it several several years ago and the deer were tearing it up. One day I went to freshen up my pile, it was shortly after a good rain, the stuff had soured and I could smell the odor from about 100 yrds where I’d park to get to the spot. Took tons of work to get things right again. Had to remove the sour stuff with a shovel, disrupt the ground a lot since it got down into the soil, and the deer still didn’t frequent that spot like they had for quite some time.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My local feed store carries it in Troup . Forget the name but the guy behind the police department in Broxton may have it .