RIP for a co-worker (COVID Casualty)

Waddams

He went in the hospital Dec 28th and turned out to have COVID related pneumonia. He'd never had to go a ventilator, was finally seeming able to start walking around hallways without his O2 levels dropping. We'd talked to him on a call late last week, he seemed like he was on the recovery road finally to be able to get out soon. Then his O2 levels crashed suddenly and with no O2 in him, his heart stopped. It was a very sudden crash, for some reason his lungs just stopped working. It happened on Tuesday.

He was 67, vaccinated, and in otherwise good health before he got sick. He's the first person I've known well that has passed from COVID.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that.
Prayers for the family.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Prayers for the family.

GA1dad

Terrible,,, my thoughts are with the family.

Waddams

The man was believer. Very active in his church and as close to a living expression of Christ's kindness as I've met. Not saying that out of any kind of emotions over his passing, it was for real.

He's not gone forever. We're all gonna be resurrected. He's asleep now and when he wakes, it will be to glorified resurrection, exactly as God intended human kind before the Fall.

In the mean time, thank you all for the prayers. It does make you re-examine your thoughts on COVID and our response to it. If nothing else, it drives home the extra risk from it to us all.

Redbow

Prayers sent for your friend's family and all involved.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear it.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
That sucks. May he rest in peace.

treemanjohn

Banned
The man was believer. Very active in his church and as close to a living expression of Christ's kindness as I've met. Not saying that out of any kind of emotions over his passing, it was for real.

He's not gone forever. We're all gonna be resurrected. He's asleep now and when he wakes, it will be to glorified resurrection, exactly as God intended human kind before the Fall.

In the mean time, thank you all for the prayers. It does make you re-examine your thoughts on COVID and our response to it. If nothing else, it drives home the extra risk from it to us all.
He was called