Roff's Fishing Analyses

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Has any of you ever used Roff's?

www.roffs.com

My wife and I received one free forcast each as part of the package at the Saltwater Fishing Seminar Series this weekend so I'll be trying it out this Spring at least twice.

If you've used it, did it do anything for you?

t k

It depends on what you are fishing for.If you are trolling for dolphin,wahoo,or other palegics it is a good way to find temp breaks,color changes,etc that will normally hold fish.It will also differentiate between breaks or eddies that have been in place over a few days versus new ones.If you planning on running offshore it can save alot of time and gas.I have used hiltons realtime navigator which is a yearly subscription service that will show most of the same info.The biggest difference to me is that the roffs report will pinpoint the areas to fish where as with the hiltons you will have to learn to read the various charts and find the best locations on your own.Good luck.

captbrian

jeff, just let me use it during bay piont so i can go get the big one's. then i won't have to pay for one. :whip:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Looking at the samples they give on the site for Cape San Blas to Mobile, they seem to cut off at a line just North of 30 degrees. That cuts out just about anything inside of 15 miles.

We'd need to have almost perfect weather to go that far out of the pass. Other than during cobia season when we go East I don't see this doing us much good.

capt stan

It depends on what you are fishing for.If you are trolling for dolphin,wahoo,or other palegics it is a good way to find temp breaks,color changes,etc that will normally hold fish.It will also differentiate between breaks or eddies that have been in place over a few days versus new ones.If you planning on running offshore it can save alot of time and gas.I have used hiltons realtime navigator which is a yearly subscription service that will show most of the same info.The biggest difference to me is that the roffs report will pinpoint the areas to fish where as with the hiltons you will have to learn to read the various charts and find the best locations on your own.Good luck.

100% spot on!!!

seasickness

Banned
Its definitely worth it if you are heading out to chase blue water pelagics. With the price of fuel these days, why wander blind when you can have a plan in hand before you leave? There are other services like Hilton's, but none are as specific and interpreted for you, like a Roff's. If you have questions about the report, a real human will speak to you about it and walk you through it. Good luck on the next trip!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I have to use them before May 24th so I'll most likely use them to hunt cobes.

It'll be nice to go straight to the warmest water rather than searching for it!

I just wish it covered the beach between PC & Destin.