Ryobi Electric Chain Saw

Redbow

A big oak tree got blown over in my yard went and bought a Ryobi electric chain saw after seeing what my neighbors electric saw could do. Starting cutting up the old oak today the Ryobi does the job for me. The battery only lasts for about 50 minutes before it needs charging again but that's enough for me, I get tired quickly at my age anyway. I wanted an extra battery but dang the battery was almost half as much as the saw so I said no. If I can finish cutting up the pretty big oak with my saw I will be satisfied with it. No smoke, very little noise and it cuts fine. No gas and oil to mix and contend with. At least it can sit in my garage all winter and still run when and if I need it next spring, I hope. Every gas saw I have ever owned died from lack of use.

Last edited:

j_seph

So they do not even use bar oil?

jrickman

I've been thinking of picking up a battery saw to keep in the truck for road clearing in the boonies. I'm never very comfortable leaving my truck parked way out on a FS road with my big saw in it, so usually just carry an axe.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
A big oak tree got blown over in my yard went and bought a Ryobi electric chain saw after seeing what my neighbors electric saw could do. Starting cutting up the old oak today the Ryobi does the job for me. The battery only lasts for about 50 minutes before it needs charging again but that's enough for me, I get tired quickly at my age anyway. I wanted an extra battery but dang the battery was almost half as much as the saw so I said no. If I can finish cutting up the pretty big oak with my saw I will be satisfied with it. No smoke, very little noise and it cuts fine. No gas and oil to contend with. At least it can sit in my garage all winter and still run when and if I need it next spring, I hope. Every gas saw I have ever owned died from lack of use.

Might want to keep battery inside controlled environment when not in use, seem to last longer. My 60v Dewalt will out last me running it, but that ain't saying a whole lot !!

Redbow

Might want to keep battery inside controlled environment when not in use, seem to last longer. My 60v Dewalt will out last me running it, but that ain't saying a whole lot !!

Thanks for the heads up on the battery, will do.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I changed over to battery yard tools. Going to get a 16 inch 56 volt saw using the same batteries as the rest of my tools. Quacks right, I charge and store batteries in the basement.

Buford_Dawg

I have the same 40v Saw from Ryobi. Sold my gas Sthil, that is how much I like it. Got 2 batteries as I have the other 40v tools as well.

sinclair1

I changed over to battery yard tools. Going to get a 16 inch 56 volt saw using the same batteries as the rest of my tools. Quacks right, I charge and store batteries in the basement.
All yard tools except blade edger switched here.

Shane Dockery

A big oak tree got blown over in my yard went and bought a Ryobi electric chain saw after seeing what my neighbors electric saw could do. Starting cutting up the old oak today the Ryobi does the job for me. The battery only lasts for about 50 minutes before it needs charging again but that's enough for me, I get tired quickly at my age anyway. I wanted an extra battery but dang the battery was almost half as much as the saw so I said no. If I can finish cutting up the pretty big oak with my saw I will be satisfied with it. No smoke, very little noise and it cuts fine. No gas and oil to mix and contend with. At least it can sit in my garage all winter and still run when and if I need it next spring, I hope. Every gas saw I have ever owned died from lack of use.

If you do Amazon, you can get aftermarket 40V batteries for the Ryobi tools for way cheaper than the name brand.

pjciii

When i moved up to NC i got rid of all the gas powered yard equipment and replaced with Ryobi 40v system. Lawn equipment, mower, chainsaw. I am very happy with all of it. I do keep the batteries In the basement. The best thing is i don't have 8 to 10 gas cans sitting around in various states of use.

tr21

have y'all ordered your electric car yet ? because that's next !

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
perfect proof the green side will win right here !

Nothing to do with green. Tools weight a fraction of gas powered, important to older guys, less upkeep. That :stir: plays better in the PF.

sinclair1

have y'all ordered your electric car yet ? because that's next !
My 60 volt blower will blow my gas echo blower to the trash pile. It’s no contest. I will keep the Stihl chainsaw for hurricanes but everything else is either gone or on the way out.
I don’t see a need for a battery riding mower so that will stay gas.