Ryobi Electric Chain Saw

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Might want to keep battery inside controlled environment when not in use, seem to last longer. My 60v Dewalt will out last me running it, but that ain't saying a whole lot !!
I purchased the Dewalt Battery Power Cahinsaw simply because I have a lot of Dewalt tools and already have 3 or 4 batteries and chargers. One batter will do me in for the day.

As long as you do not bog them down hard on big stuff, they're great.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
have y'all ordered your electric car yet ? because that's next !
They are too expensive right now and do not fit my lifestyle. As soon as the prices come down and they can get closer to a 1000 miles from a charge, I for sure will be ordering an electric car.

Hillbilly stalker

My dad told me he saw the first Electric school bus in WV last week. Between pulling those hills and the cold weather they get up there, it should be a great tests on the batteries .

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My dad told me he saw the first Electric school bus in WV last week. Between pulling those hills and the cold weather they get up there, it should be a great tests on the batteries .

The starting draw to get those rolling on some of those uphill inclines will work those batteries.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I love my 40v Ryobi saw. Works great for cutting small stuff, yard work etc and would be good for small trees. I wouldn’t want to start up a pulpwood business with it but for most of my around the yard stuff/quick cut stuff it’s perfect. Got several other Ryobi tools also. Love them.

menhadenman

A big oak tree got blown over in my yard went and bought a Ryobi electric chain saw after seeing what my neighbors electric saw could do. Starting cutting up the old oak today the Ryobi does the job for me. The battery only lasts for about 50 minutes before it needs charging again but that's enough for me, I get tired quickly at my age anyway. I wanted an extra battery but dang the battery was almost half as much as the saw so I said no. If I can finish cutting up the pretty big oak with my saw I will be satisfied with it. No smoke, very little noise and it cuts fine. No gas and oil to mix and contend with. At least it can sit in my garage all winter and still run when and if I need it next spring, I hope. Every gas saw I have ever owned died from lack of use.
Man I got one too. Been running Stihl since the 90s and gotta admit it’s impressive. And prolly the closest I’ll ever get to a tesla. Highly recommended.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Our school system ordered several of those this year

Kowtown

Bought one of these little Milwaukee 12v saws a couple of weeks ago.
works well for limbs, also cut down a pretty good sized dead pine.milwaukee-m12-fuel-hatchet-cordless-chainsaw-2.jpg

Also bought one of the Echo pro series small gas saws that cuts way better than it should.
echo_cs-303t_1.jpg

Baroque Brass

I have a Kobalt 80v limb saw that does a great job. It’s a bit unwieldy when extended all the way out but otherwise I like it. Thinking about getting a blower that takes the same battery. I’m not ready to give up my old reliable Stihl MS 250 chain saw though.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
The battery blower was worth every penny. Light years ahead of my 1980’s electric cord blower

Redbow

I purchased the Dewalt Battery Power Cahinsaw simply because I have a lot of Dewalt tools and already have 3 or 4 batteries and chargers. One batter will do me in for the day.

As long as you do not bog them down hard on big stuff, they're great.

Yep, I found out that bogging them down isn't good the battery drains quickly and at times the saw just quits running for a few minutes. Anyway the little saw is doing good with the oak tree. Its 15 inches around in some places close to the ground but I'm taking my time no rush to get it cut up. I do need a spare battery I looked on Amazon the cheapest one was over 50 bucks but that's better than the ones in the store here at 99 bucks each. The saw will cut it just needs a power source that lasts longer and then it takes a couple hours to charge the battery up again. But I don't have much to do around here I will get the tree cut up before too long.

Hillbilly stalker

My buddy is just starting up a business and is talking to alot of salesman. I was there the other day when the Echo salesman was there. They have a $193 Blower with 2 batteries, 5 year warranty on all products. They have upped their game if there products will hold up. I tried and was impressed with their small chainsaw and leaf blower, the blower has a turbo button that really makes it jump. Both batteries have a fuel gauge.

Baroque Brass

My buddy is just starting up a business and is talking to alot of salesman. I was there the other day when the Echo salesman was there. They have a $193 Blower with 2 batteries, 5 year warranty on all products. They have upped their game if there products will hold up. I tried and was impressed with their small chainsaw and leaf blower, the blower has a turbo button that really makes it jump. Both batteries have a fuel gauge.
There was a time when I didn’t like Echo products but I used a gas powered Echo chainsaw a while back and I was impressed. If I was in the market I’d definitely look at Echo.

Redbow

There was a time when I didn’t like Echo products but I used a gas powered Echo chainsaw a while back and I was impressed. If I was in the market I’d definitely look at Echo.

I have heard good things about Echo chain saws.