Sandersville motel & food..........

Gone Fishin

Have a small lease east of Sandersville. Are there any decent motels in town?
Decent = no bed bugs/roaches, clean bed sheets, no mold in shower, my truck won't get broken into. (not looking for 5 start, just safe)

Food = Any suggestions on a place to get some dinner?

Capt Quirk

There are plenty of places to eat, but you might want to look elsewhere for lodging.

If you like mexican food, there is Theresa's next to the courthouse, or Pepe's on the train tracks in Tennille. Both are good.

GAbullHunter

Wal-Mart buy your food cook in parking lot on camping stove:stir:... The Mex at 15 an 88 is good, good service to. Plenty fast-food/sit downs. Heard the ole country diner is good next to farmers market parking, dairylane the same.

GAbullHunter

Make ride to Wrens to dutch house on Fri & Sats they have all u eat buffet for like $10 bucks. Been there time or two.

champ

Sandersville is a nice town. There are a couple of hotels there, Quality Inn and Villa South. Plenty of places to eat.

ugajay

Stay away from Villa south. Two other hotels are fine. But Villa south has turned into a drug dealing hot spot. Like others have said the Mexican places are good. Maricela's and Pepe's. There's 2 Chinese places. Dairylane has the best slaw dogs around. You also have the country buffet downtown next to the courthouse. About 15 minutes from town, Herb's fish place has some fine catfish. It's on 272, just off of 68. If you're gonna be going somewhere for lunch, the citgo out next to the dot in tennille has some of the finest eating you will find. I'm a local so let me know about any questions you may have

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
If you stay at Quack’s, the hallway bathroom clogs easy. Just use the master bath to be safe

Gone Fishin

Thanks for the feedback. Was looking for exactly what ugajay supplied, some local "don't stay at this place" type info.

We always bring a cooler with fruit, snacks, and sandwich makings. Just don't want that for every meal.

We will only be there a few times, hunting around the kid's school vacation schedules. My dad and I may hunt once alone.

Capt Quirk

I want to throw another eatery out there to avoid-the Lodge on 15 in Sandersville. I decided to try them out last week, got some chops and a Reuben. After I get home, I discovered I ended up paying about $9 for that sammich. It was good, but not that good. I'm glad I didn't get the combo!

The 4 stuffed chops were around $20, and delicious. $8 a lb, they better be.