Saturday Eats

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What y'all cookin' up tonight?

I've got some deer backstrap medallions marinating for supper, but I started us off with an appetizer (or num-num, as YHFP calls them.) This is my riff on Bonefish Grill's Bang-bang shrimp/Applebee's Sriracha Shrimp. Shrimp dipped in a Asian Sweet-n-sour type batter (corn starch, egg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and pepper,) and fried up, over some fried wonton noodles, and topped with a Ranch/Sriracha/lime/honey sauce. It was pretty much edible. :)

Attachments

• srirachashrimp.jpg
    srirachashrimp.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,108

Hornet22

ROMEO
Mightay fine.:cool: Skrate corn starch, no flour or anything?

:cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Mightay fine.:cool: Skrate corn starch, no flour or anything?

:cheers:

Nope, just corn starch. That's the same way I make sweet and sour chicken, or General Tso's or sesame chicken. Break an egg in a bowl and whup it up and pour some soy sauce in there, then put your shrimp, chicken, or whatever in there. Dump in a little corn starch, some black pepper, granulated garlic and powdered ginger, and stir it all up until it's a gooey mess. Drop it in some hot oil, and get back, Daddy's eatin!

tsharp

Looks good NC I had a roast beef poorboy no pictures so it didn't happen. But look at what we did today, we shot a sporting clay event today. Out of 40 teams we came in 3rd. :cool::cool:

Attachments

• 20160227_154437_resized.jpg
    20160227_154437_resized.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,057
Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's cool, Tsharp!

Pointpuller

Appetizers look great NCHillbilly, thanks for the recipe. Will have to try it cause I love them Bonefish bang bang shrimp. Congrats on the good shooting sharp.
I smoked a slab of ribs and some wings with cherry wood, got no complaints......it was "on time".
956CBE4B-A0CA-4E5D-B582-7CA51F676ADF_zps70kwrshb.jpg

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Posting for H22. :D
Mines long gone. Along with a half a bag of chips.

Attachments

• H22's suppa.jpg
    H22's suppa.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,064
Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member

I've got some deer backstrap medallions marinating for supper, but I started us off with an appetizer (or num-num, as YHFP calls them.) This is my riff on Bonefish Grill's Bang-bang shrimp/Applebee's Sriracha Shrimp. Shrimp dipped in a Asian Sweet-n-sour type batter (corn starch, egg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and pepper,) and fried up, over some fried wonton noodles, and topped with a Ranch/Sriracha/lime/honey sauce. It was pretty much edible. :)

Bet that stuff was goooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Looks good NC I had a roast beef poorboy no pictures so it didn't happen. But look at what we did today, we shoot a sporting clay event today. Out of 40 teams we came in 3rd. :cool::cool:

Congrats T !!!! :cheers:

Appetizers look great NCHillbilly, thanks for the recipe. Will have to try it cause I love them Bonefish bang bang shrimp. Congrats on the good shooting sharp.
I smoked a slab of ribs and some wings with cherry wood, got no complaints......it was "on time".

Good Eats there!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Posting for H22. :D
Mines long gone. Along with a half a bag of chips.

Tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fine:

I am doing steaks on the Akorn in a bit!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Steak night

Attachments

• DSC04385.JPG
    DSC04385.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 951
  • DSC04384.JPG
    DSC04384.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 974
  • DSC04381.JPG
    DSC04381.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 973

Hornet22

ROMEO

This is my riff on Bonefish Grill's Bang-bang shrimp/Applebee's Sriracha Shrimp. Shrimp dipped in a Asian Sweet-n-sour type batter (corn starch, egg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and pepper,) and fried up, and topped with a Ranch/Sriracha/lime/honey sauce. It was pretty much edible. :)

Nope, just corn starch. That's the same way I make sweet and sour chicken, or General Tso's or sesame chicken. Break an egg in a bowl and whup it up and pour some soy sauce in there, then put your shrimp, chicken, or whatever in there. Dump in a little corn starch, some black pepper, granulated garlic and powdered ginger, and stir it all up until it's a gooey mess. Drop it in some hot oil, and get back, Daddy's eatin!

Aughite, tryin some of these skrimps tonite. Wild caught Edisto pinks. We shall see:cheers:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
It was a hit. :cool: AND H22 saw on here where somebody ate the heads, so........ you know, we had to try it. :fine::fine:

Attachments

• shrimp.jpg
    shrimp.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 684
  • shimp head.jpg
    shimp head.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 633
  • Shimp eyeballs and all.jpg
    Shimp eyeballs and all.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 639

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Looks awesome.. The shrimp head thing reminded me of a work dinner I went to once. We had a Japanese fella come to our company and show us how to do things. " kaizen event".. Anyhow.. He was the leader and we were told it would be considered rude not to eat his offerings. Ate the raw whatever fish he gave me..the more I chewed..the bigger it got it seemed and I took bout half a beer to get it down. Final straw was the fried prawn heads.. Those eyes got spit on the floor when no one was lookin. I'll just have to be offensive next time.

tsharp

We call them spiders except we pull the hard part of the head off. Here are a few we did awhile back.

Attachments

• 2015-08-21 17.29.21.jpg
    2015-08-21 17.29.21.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 586
  • 2015-08-21 17.37.49.jpg
    2015-08-21 17.37.49.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 646

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Looks awesome.. The shrimp head thing reminded me of a work dinner I went to once. We had a Japanese fella come to our company and show us how to do things. " kaizen event".. Anyhow.. He was the leader and we were told it would be considered rude not to eat his offerings. Ate the raw whatever fish he gave me..the more I chewed..the bigger it got it seemed and I took bout half a beer to get it down. Final straw was the fried prawn heads.. Those eyes got spit on the floor when no one was lookin. I'll just have to be offensive next time.

Had to go to China one time. They save the fish eyes for the guest of honor. facepalm:

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I'm out on the eyeballs.. Had the prawns and someone slipped me a hog eye at a whole hog roast one time. Like to a yacked. Didn't mean to derail the thread. Apologies