Saturday night Celebration Meal....jump on in.

Dub

Didn't see a daily thread....so here's a Saturday Celebration Meal.

Had a long standing craving that needed to be addressed, here......

Decent burger was tasty.

(y)Celebrating a great visit with some family that stayed overnight. Sure was good for my son & I to see them and have a couple meals together.

Hopefully they are safely navigating the interstates heading back home.

(y)Celebrating my son doing well on his first post-college job. He really enjoys what he's doing and it is lucrative. His new girlfriend and he seem to be really enjoying themselves and she is one squared away young lady.

(y) Celebrating a Saturday night, vacation day from the job.

(y)Celebrating my nephew having his Eagle Scout Ceremony. He's done it.
Amazing young man.

(y)And lastly, celebrating not only the fact that my sister has the most amazing Lab, sweetest & smartest dog I've ever been around. Her family has been blessed with her since they brought her home as a puppy some seven years ago.

Wonderful addition to their family.

Well......this morning she sent me some pics revealing a new development.......they have added another puppy and she's taking to the OG like best friends.

The older dog is like my sister's shadow....always at her side....now the pup is joining them.

She is planning on doing some service dog training and visiting hospitals, nursing homes, church functions, etc.

I'm mighty happy for them.

In closing.....there is much to celebrate 'round the house today, however, there are many prayers needed for the families devastated by the terrible storms last night. So much devastation.
Praying for their souls, their resilience and their Faith.

Hope everyone is doing well and having some tasty time together tonight. (y)

ryork

Didn't see a daily thread....so here's a Saturday Celebration Meal.

Had a long standing craving that needed to be addressed, here......

Decent burger was tasty.

(y)Celebrating a great visit with some family that stayed overnight. Sure was good for my son & I to see them and have a couple meals together.

Hopefully they are safely navigating the interstates heading back home.

(y)Celebrating my son doing well on his first post-college job. He really enjoys what he's doing and it is lucrative. His new girlfriend and he seem to be really enjoying themselves and she is one squared away young lady.

(y) Celebrating a Saturday night, vacation day from the job.

(y)Celebrating my nephew having his Eagle Scout Ceremony. He's done it.
Amazing young man.

(y)And lastly, celebrating not only the fact that my sister has the most amazing Lab, sweetest & smartest dog I've ever been around. Her family has been blessed with her since they brought her home as a puppy some seven years ago.

Wonderful addition to their family.

Well......this morning she sent me some pics revealing a new development.......they have added another puppy and she's taking to the OG like best friends.

The older dog is like my sister's shadow....always at her side....now the pup is joining them.

She is planning on doing some service dog training and visiting hospitals, nursing homes, church functions, etc.

I'm mighty happy for them.

In closing.....there is much to celebrate 'round the house today, however, there are many prayers needed for the families devastated by the terrible storms last night. So much devastation.
Praying for their souls, their resilience and their Faith.

Hope everyone is doing well and having some tasty time together tonight. (y)

That was apparently an EF5 that pretty much wiped a little town off the map in MS last night. If you haven’t seen it, find the footage of the TV meteorologist that breaks down and starts praying midstream of the live coverage.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Here at King Tut drive in with my wife and granddaughter, place been around since the early 1940s, pics to follow.

Celebrating some successful trout fishing

Chicken liver boat, King cheeseburgers, mozzarella sticks, chicken tenders, fries, sweet tea and a root beer float.

Homemade buns, had my burger with everything plus Coleslaw, oh my. My mom use to make the bread...plus

IMG_20230325_215851.jpg

Last edited:

JDBrown

I'll join in, I reckon I'll celebrate that this turned out to be a very nice day, got some work done around here, and we decided last minute to cook supper at home tonight, found some country style ribs on sale, ran a quick smoke on em, and we ate. Yall all look to be eating well too. Prayers for the ones touched by the storms.20230325_191052.jpg20230325_195556.jpg

ryork

912C4979-DB04-4238-ADDB-8EBCE30189D5.jpeg4B8D25DA-5E30-4A2E-A361-79A17D2E4496.jpeg770B5610-062B-4630-B7D3-B6976DA05DC2.jpeg

Seared triple tail, leftover crawfish etoufee from a couple nights ago, mashed purple taters, and flash fried arugula and creole coated daikon.

Salad of arugula and spinach, roasted golden beets, honey and creole seasoning walnuts, Parmesan and other stuff…..

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My goodness is all I got to say ! Wife and I were gonna go out but she wasn’t feeling like it . I’ve cooked this so much lately I can have it ready in about 20 minutes . I wanted crappie tacos but wife won . I had taters she had grits 797EB038-EA53-47CC-823A-567093BEA151.jpeg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Mercy!!!!

Fantastic grub!!!!
We just grilled steaks and baked taters. Y'all blew me away with the eats in this thread!!! My steak looks overcooked but it's the lighting. It was med rare.
IMG_20230325_181643931.jpgIMG_20230325_183257054.jpg

Triple C

A belated Celebration meal with the clan last nite.

Cooking station ready to roll.
0755FA82-3FD0-4F09-8DF8-E05E87F9BF1E.jpeg

Most every great sammich starts with bacon.
154517B1-943D-4025-B1C6-975AEB949611.jpeg
D7A65343-8E2D-4D71-A68D-DB5D64D04B9E.jpeg

Combination of boneless skinless chicken thighs n skinless breasts marinated in jerk/creole marinade for 4 hrs.
E896696B-12E1-4044-9C41-8F06124EA972.jpeg05ADC3B4-D6A6-4B14-A7CA-F7B8A34CD11D.jpeg
Topped with bacon n provolone.
F12077EE-1001-4F20-80DC-D00008970968.jpeg
Gotta toast the buns.
23B68AB7-F911-437F-9581-D7A1539FDCD0.jpeg
Plenty for all.
6D620E94-E1CA-461C-838F-615D32D708A4.jpeg
Home made yum yum oozing out of bottom n top.
0536901C-9312-46A7-BA70-A3C6B31C11EF.jpeg