School me in muzzle loader scopes

fauxferret

Just curious about muzzle loader scopes. I've always heard they are different primarily in regards to being able to absorb recoil. For those who have put a scope on a muzzle loader have you ever noticed any big difference or am I fair to assume a mid grade Vortex properly mounted will suffice? I have a muzzle loader but have never been much into it. As components and resources have dried up it has become increasingly more appealing to get this smoke pole running.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Mid-grade Vortex is fine, but as said above, any decent scope will do. Had a Bushnell Banner on mine for about a year now; shot it last week and found that it was right where I left it in January

fauxferret

Well gentlemen that tells me what I need to know. I appreciate the input, all previous reading on muzzle loader scopes either seemed to be marketing or had a reticle "specifically" for ML projos. As far as recoil and shock goes I got a vortex lying around gathering dust so that is what I'll use. Now to find propellent. These front loaders seem to be way more particular.

GregoryB.

Shooting 150 grs of powder I busted a couple of scopes. Cross hairs tilted to the side. 100 grs or less I haven’t had a issue.