SD card reader

Taco4x4

I was checking one of my trail cams the other day and put my SD card in my reader and plugged it in my S10+ and hit my storage added that pops up and pics were there to view but before I could tap on any they disappeared and my phone said restart. So I restarted and tried it again but the pics were gone and something else had been downloaded on the card by my phone I think that it would not let me view.

I went home and tried it on my wife's laptop and pics were gone and other junk was there that my phone must have loaded to it. I just formatted the card to clear it.

My question is do you think I have a bad SD card or something wrong with the cheap reader I am trying to use or do I need to change some settings in my phone. I used this reader last year with no problems. I'm thinking maybe one of the last few updates I had on my phone might have added or changed some settings. Scared to try it again don't want to loose anymore pics. Thanks for any help.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s nuts taco! I’ve used everything from the moultrie at Walmart, to a few others I got on eBay. Currently using a reader that uses the i-FlashDevice app. I prefer the iBrary app and that reader, but they are ALL JUNK! They all work and if they were sitting on your desk being handled with care, any would be fine. Mine get thrown around and moved from pack to pack etc….they all work, but none of them last!
Personally I really like the moultrie readers at Walmart. I’ve had 3, but the best one I had I found in the woods. It lasted longer than the two I’ve purchased…….those readers are awesome cause they don’t download anything,but let you save as you go.
May be worth it to trash the sd card and use another though. .

Taco4x4

Thanks bfriendly. Yesterday I tried a few things and might have worked it out. First I deleted the old app I was using because I saw on YouTube that you don't need one. Go to my files in my phone and scroll to SD card and then plug in your card reader and it pops up for you to tap and view. I put a card in a camera that I haven't put out yet and turned it on and waved my hand in front of it a few times and then pulled the card and tried it and it worked. I even did it a second time with the SD card that started all this and it worked as well.
Guess I will blame that issue on the crap app I was using. Nice to know now I don't need to use an app to view my pics.

I have two cell camera's that have spoiled me in the fact that I don't have to go check them. One of which is solar and never needs any attention. Still have several old school cams that I do enjoy going out and checking. I'm like a little kid at Christmas that can't wait to see what's inside the box or in my case the mystery SD card.

Y'all have a great season.