Shad Kill?

Dialer

Sweetwater Creek State Park, hundreds if not thousands of large shad floating throughout the lake, dead on the banks. Not sure what’s going on there. Didn’t get a pic....

Pbase55

Sweetwater Creek State Park, hundreds if not thousands of large shad floating throughout the lake, dead on the banks. Not sure what’s going on there. Didn’t get a pic....

I was kayaking out there, and the locals were saying that’s a “spawn thing” as if it’s normal. It’s not to me, but I was paddling through dead shad

Dialer

Met a Park Ranger standin’ in line at the Ace hardware, says he works at the park. Said it was natural / normal from time to time. Also said there were hardly any crappie in the lake, they quit stocking them years ago. I’ve heard enough....

Pbase55

Scoop some up and fish them on a dropshot.
Met a Park Ranger standin’ in line at the Ace hardware, says he works at the park. Said it was natural / normal from time to time. Also said there were hardly any crappie in the lake, they quit stocking them years ago. I’ve heard enough....
Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha. Seriously tho, any time I talk to a park ranger, it’s like reading the park map for info