Shilo

Bjrink

Have a buddy with a few shilo sharps rifle. Shot all of his guns and just think the history and significance is awesome. By no means am I an expert and would like some honest opinions on the modern reproductions from Shilo rifles. I am interested in the military carbine and would love to use it for bear, hog and deer hunting. I know $2500 is a lot to spend on a rifle but I’m definitely no looking for a safe queen and it is gonna get used. What you fellas think?

pacecars

I have owned 8 Shiloh Sharps rifles (there is an “H” on the end) and they are fantastic rifles. My current favorite is my .50-90 Business Rifle89EB9E96-BD29-40B4-A67E-C1375C15A131.jpeg178D0479-F6F8-40FC-A752-7D47B95204E0.jpeg

pacecars

$2500 is cheap for a Shiloh. Do you know when it was made? Is it a Big Timber gun or Farmingdale?

pacecars

And Shilohs are the best Sharps made. They put the Italians to shame

Reactions: Dub

Bobby Bigtime

I have toured the Big Timber factory with my students over the years and three of them are now very proud owners of their rifles .one of the boys hunts with his and has taken deer, elk and antelope. Another has taken to the big shooting matches and is doing well. The other boy bought a very special order rifle that is so beautiful that it gets shot only on occasion. They are wonderful rifles you will be happy.