short but scientific vid focusing on Creationist cliches

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So, it’s possible there are other entities out there in the space world, we can’t prove they aren’t…….we haven’t seen them and haven’t proved they’re not …….but it’s possible they’re there?

At the same time - we can’t even evaluate that? Can’t we just say they’re big there, that’s proof they don’t exist - we hadn’t seen them even though there are millions of claims of seeing UFO’s (we know they’re talking aliens).

Or……are we just stick inside the laws and physics that we created and said nothing outside of that can be?
Which do you believe?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Which do you believe?
I don’t believe we have entities on another planet. I have found no evidence myself. I don’t give much credit to those claiming they saw a UFO.

Dang I almost sound one of the other two A’s :rofl:

But……I don’t fully discredit that which I can’t disprove. I’ll just stand only on I don’t believe they’re out there.

oldfella1962

So, it’s possible there are other entities out there in the space world, we can’t prove they aren’t…….we haven’t seen them and haven’t proved they’re not …….but it’s possible they’re there?

At the same time - we can’t even evaluate that? Can’t we just say they’re big there, that’s proof they don’t exist - we hadn’t seen them even though there are millions of claims of seeing UFO’s (we know they’re talking aliens).

Or……are we just stick inside the laws and physics that we created and said nothing outside of that can be?
We as humans stick to the laws of physics as we know them so far. Now someday we might find out that some of the UFO's & whatnot people see might be legit - but then again finding out a way to get to Earth doesn't necessarily involve a different set of natural laws. Could there be life that we don't recognize as life because we only have one standard - carbon based life forms using DNA/RNA to replicate themselves - to bounce ideas up against?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I don’t believe we have entities on another planet. I have found no evidence myself. I don’t give much credit to those claiming they saw a UFO.

But……I don’t fully discredit that which I can’t disprove. I’ll just stand only on I don’t believe they’re out there.
So, you are a non-believer.
Things are sounding familiar, lolol.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
We as humans stick to the laws of physics as we know them so far. Now someday we might find out that some of the UFO's & whatnot people see might be legit - but then again finding out a way to get to Earth doesn't necessarily involve a different set of natural laws. Could there be life that we don't recognize as life because we only have one standard - carbon based life forms using DNA/RNA to replicate themselves - to bounce ideas up against?
I accept that I have to live within the realm of Earthly possibilities which fall under scientific laws. I accept that as reality because I am confined to it.
Our minds can take us beyond earthly possibilities but I also have to accept that as non-reality until proven otherwise.

oldfella1962

I accept that I have to live within the realm of Earthly possibilities which fall under scientific laws. I accept that as reality because I am confined to it.
Our minds can take us beyond earthly possibilities but I also have to accept that as non-reality until proven otherwise.
And that is in essence what scientists do when you think about it: their minds wander to what may be or how things may work. But a runaway imagination only gets them (or humanity) so far, so they have to get to work falsifying their ideas so they and their fellow scientists - and humanity in general - don't chase their tails wasting time & resources on a dead-end. There is some "Venn Diagram" overlap with science & religion, but their motivations, methods and mindsets are 180 degrees out of phase with each other.

WaltL1

Good man, Come to the dark side. You are welcome here :bounce:
But yeah, you sound like the other two As because its a reasonable position to take. Basically.... you'll believe it when you see it.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So, you are a non-believer.
Things are sounding familiar, lolol.

Good man, Come to the dark side. You are welcome here :bounce:
But yeah, you sound like the other two As because its a reasonable position to take. Basically.... you'll believe it when you see it.
I know my history - I’ve been considered an Atheist in history and I know the Muslims consider me an unbeliever…… :rockon:

But yea, I agree, you’re correct.