Skinning Shed

sportsman94

Well, I finally got started on this yesterday. Made a 5x3.5 slab. This was my first time working with concrete so hopefully it won’t crumble on me the second I go to use it. Decided to sink the chain in there to allow me to pull the skin off. Hopefully gonna pick up some telephone poles next week to get it functional. Have a pig that needs killing whenever we have another cold front

71856181416__AA3ABAF7-088B-49FA-81C8-77200ECCCDCF.jpeg

Well, I finally got started on this yesterday. Made a 5x3.5 slab. This was my first time working with concrete so hopefully it won’t crumble on me the second I go to use it. Decided to sink the chain in there to allow me to pull the skin off. Hopefully gonna pick up some telephone poles next week to get it functional. Have a pig that needs killing whenever we have another cold front

View attachment 1260522
I like it looks good to me.. looks like your neighbors gonna be on the fence about the location :bounce:

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Good start. I built a 10x12 with a gable roof with a brick floor.happened to have plenty of old bricks handy. I’d build it as high as you can to keep from having to bend to far down when processing your kills. My gambrel tops out at about 8 feet, should have built it higher. Used old utility poles, they should outlast me.IMG_0965.jpeg

patsam

Like Nic said, Get used power poles. We had an easement moved and they gave us the old ones, even though they are fairly new. We won't need another hang for 100 years. Most power companies will give them away!!