Small engine repair classrs

hipster dufus

Im trying to remember, does or has gwinnett tech ever offered this course? Does anyone around walton/gwinnett offer it. Tia

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Why are you asking? Different answerers depending on the question.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Im trying to remember, does or has gwinnett tech ever offered this course? Does anyone around walton/gwinnett offer it. Tia
Yes, it appears that Gwinnett Technical College did offer it back in 2021 but it's not in the catalog today. You might enquire with them about the possibility of them offering it again.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
If you can't find a class, why not find a busy small engine shop, and hire on part time with the understanding that they will teach you then ins and outs of the engines?

K80Shooter

Im retired, lookin to kill time w something useful
If you're only wanting something to do then you'll be fine doing this but, if you're looking to supplement your retirement income then you'd be better served looking for something else.

Repairing vs replacing nowadays is not worth it. Way too much Chinese/Tiawan junk out there that is cheap.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
If you're only wanting something to do then you'll be fine doing this but, if you're looking to supplement your retirement income then you'd be better served looking for something else.

Repairing vs replacing nowadays is not worth it. Way too much Chinese/Tiawan junk out there that is cheap.
Unless you are working on commercial mowers and such. Chainsaws will pay out if you don't mess with the junk ones. Echo, Stihl, or Husquarvna and you will do ok

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member

The small engine/lawnmower shops in my area seem mighty busy

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.

I replaced the carb, hoses, filter and plug on my Echo weedeater last weekend for $12.00 and done it in 20 min.

I figure if I cvan get another year or two out of it, I will be ready to upgrade in prep for the new place which will be a lot more cutting an mowing.

You can just about learn how to repair any mower or weedeater from Youtube.