Spitfire Edge Broadheads

shane256

These things: http://www.newarchery.com/products/mechanical/spitfire-edge-4/

I figure that most broadheads on the market will work generally well. So, I used these (I posted in some threads asking about broadheads last year) with my crossbow and got to see what they perform like. I was pretty happy with the performance, hit through the ribcage at about 20yds, went through both sides like a hot knife through butter, big hole all the way through. It seemed like it didn't even slow down... I never found the bolt (I was at ground level when I shot, it went out through the woods somewhere).

Jim Boyd

Congrats on the good shot!

BowChilling

I can't understand why they don't offer these 3 blade mechanicals in 125 grain. Not just NAP... Swhacker makes a great looking 3 blade that is only offered in 100. Heavier just makes sense to me with these.

shane256

If you go to that link I posted and click the "Specs" button on the right, there is a 125gr part listed: 60-980 Spitfire Edge 125 3-BLADE (3 PACK)

I'm assuming that "125" means 125gr... There is another one listed as: 60-892 Spitfire Edge 100 3-pak

Going to their "Buy" page doesn't list the 125 Edge as available, though... just the 100. Only saw the 100 listed at Cabelas, too.