Sprewell Bluff WMA

epicbite

Going to dedicate a few weekends to Sprewell bluff this year. Have family that live nearby so it’s easy plus I’m a bow hunter and they have an archery side. I have looked at satellite imagery but curious how current it is. Looks like there has been some clear cutting. Any advice is much appreciated!

dang

DANG !!!
Lot of rifle pressure and not a lot of deer. I’d stay on the east side of the river

biggdogg

My son and I hunted it last season for a week in November. I saw deer near abouts every sit, including a very nice 8-9 point that I couldn't get a shot on. We saw 3 other guys the entire week and hear maybe 5 shots. Not sure if you've been there or not, but that place has some steep, open terrain. We had a blast and will go back go back.

Whitefeather

Management Material
It was a great public place before they did all the clear cutting. We killed a lot of deer off of it then when it was archery only and never had to fight a crowd. As mentioned, it is steeper than one would presume. It goes without saying…..Be mindful of the boundary lines because the locals are really particular about them.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I wish they hadn’t just opened it up to year round hunting when the state took over. Some really nice bucks were killed there the first year.

Long Cut

It WAS a very good WMA, but as mentioned all of the clear cutting and the extremely liberal rifle season that was allowed on the Western side put a hurting on the deer herd. There used to be 3 or 4 different weekend rifle hunts and archery season Sept-January but the State allowed several years of October-January general public rifle seasons and the deer numbers drastically dropped.

Rugged country, there’s hogs around the river. If you’re not in good shape I honestly would go elsewhere.

Latest posts