St. Simons fishing?

yaknfish

Wife, dog and I will be headed to St Simons soon for some beach time. I should be able to get away for some fishing. Any tips? Am I better off in the surf, or somewhere else?

Pate55

I doubt anyone will give you spots on here but Memorial Day is Historically when the 2-4 foot black tips show up on the beach. Fish incoming tide with fresh bait. You don’t necessarily need a steel leader just use 50 lb test with a circle hook so it is harder for them to bite the line while you are fighting them. They fight Great often jumping out of the water and putting on a show. Don’t overlook the board walks around the pier that are flooded at high tide as you can use the stairs as a base of operations and don’t have to worry about swimmers getting caught up in the line.

Foster

Stop by the pier bait shop and ask what and where they are biting and get some bait.

Good old chicken rig or pompano rig in the surf or pier from 1-100 yards out. Use fish bites, shrimp, squid, or cut bait. You will need a 1/2oz - 4oz pyramid weigh to keep it from moving with the current so get a few at the bait shop. Smaller circle hooks like #2 or #1 work great. Use a sand spike rod holder and chill with the wife and wait for something to bite.

The dog cant be on the beach from 9-6 memorial day through labor day.

bnew17

That’s the problem with JT. He’s a good QB with a canon for an arm, he just can’t move around worth a cuss. A fast D will feast on JT. And Bama has a fast D. The mobility of Stetson is a definite plus for him at QB. And from what I’ve seen, Stetson has a pretty good arm too. Until he shows signs of struggle, I’m riding with the Mailman.

Is the dog rule enforced? It seems every time I go dogs are everywhere on the beach.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Is the dog rule enforced? It seems every time I go dogs are everywhere on the beach.
Um. You okay? That’s a quote of mine you posted above, but def the wrong thread. :bounce: