STOLEN GUNS! From Bass Pro parking lot!

Sully34

BPS is a Joke imo. If they truly cared for there customers, they would do things that would help them, not ignore them.

Replace the dang camera's so you help catch the dirt bags........ If its not your equipment, volunteer to donate a little cash to have them fixed or replaced..... You may not be able to tell some one to leave the parking lot but im willing to bet some one can do something about getting some part time HELP to help with this problem and that can tellem to leave. Its a matter of people caring and wanting to help..........

Bass Pro is a joke because they do not have the equipment or anything to observe this incident. The cameras do not face the parking lot, so your idea is to add new cameras. Bass Pro paid well over $50K for the current camera system; how much do you think would be spent for the additions that you are requesting to make?

Another option is to hire part time help, so you state. If I read further up the thread, I see a post stating that the mall hires Gwinnett County officers to work part time jobs. These officers are paid to do nothing but patrol the parking lot and target the theft. They are running into a brick wall with this but they are also making every attempt to find these people. Being that they are happening so fast, there is a group of people, not just one.

What I do not understand is how a group of people can break into a number of cars in broad daylight and not be seen by mall security or any civilians that are walking to their cars.

huntemwfo

be careful what you leave in your car. I was up in Atlanta for a concert in August and my buddies truck got broken into the same way. right in broad daylight outside of a Dave and Buster. stole his glock 19, passport, camera, a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label, and a few other things. they made off with about $2,500 worth of stuff in about 30 seconds. Theres actually a memo out by Atlanta PD saying to hide belongings and that there are people popping locks off doors everywhere. you can never be to safe.

Wish I had gotten that memo!:banginghe

I am extremely sorry to hear that. I work at that Bass pro and we had problems with people breaking into the cars of customers and employees. Several guns have been stolen. It has been very quiet lately, but I guess they're back. Everyone keep their doors locked and keep valuables hidden. The mall security is not very reliable and Gwinette PD is not there 24/7. I was over there yesterday and there was an officer in the parking lot, but do not expect this to be a regular thing. Good luck brother

If it's anything like Athens, and the mall, having an officer on the premises is about worthless. That's not a knock on the officer, just a fact.

This break-ins are mostly done by "crews", and they just put a bird-dog on the officer, and keep in touch with text messages. They will break into a car with the cop being on the end of the parking lot in sight.

I haven't read about this year, but Ga. Square Mall had the best results putting officers on the roof. Too bad they weren't snipers.

I don't go to the mall the rest of the year, and I sure don't go during the Christmas season.

Deer Tic

Ga. Square Mall had the best results putting officers on the roof. Too bad they weren't snipers.

I bet BPS would let us move one of those Tripods to the center of the parking lot and pay one of us R-necks little to nothing to sit up in it with camo and our orange vest on. I bet that will stop'em! :rofl:

What do you think? $10 an hour? Who's taking the 1st shift? :bounce:

BTW, sorry for the loss! Good Luck!!!

Robbie101

IMO they could do something about it if they wanted to. I know plenty of officers that work part times in order to help make ins meat...... Bass Pro could hire one or five to help with this. Shoot it may even help there sales in a sense because the customers would feel a little safer. I know there has been two times for me in the last 2 months i would have stopped at BPS but i was pulling my boat and i chose not to stop and spend my money because of being scared i may come back to an empty hull.....

If chic fa lay can hire an officer to help with traffic on certain days, then BPS can hire a few to watch there end of the mall..... Plain and simple....

Robbie101

Bass Pro is a joke because they do not have the equipment or anything to observe this incident. The cameras do not face the parking lot, so your idea is to add new cameras. Bass Pro paid well over $50K for the current camera system; how much do you think would be spent for the additions that you are requesting to make?

Another option is to hire part time help, so you state. If I read further up the thread, I see a post stating that the mall hires Gwinnett County officers to work part time jobs. These officers are paid to do nothing but patrol the parking lot and target the theft. They are running into a brick wall with this but they are also making every attempt to find these people. Being that they are happening so fast, there is a group of people, not just one.

What I do not understand is how a group of people can break into a number of cars in broad daylight and not be seen by mall security or any civilians that are walking to their cars.

Agreed!!!!!!!

But BPS can do something about it if they chose to. What would it cost-em, not a ton, not for the volume they turn. I Own a restaurant and I take good care of the guys that work the road cause they take great care of us. There always watching our parking lot, checking on things on a daily basis...... You know why? Because these guys care..... Im telling you, Bass Pro may not be able to fix the problem, but they could help solve it....... Forget the malls security guards and the malls part time help..... Bass Pro can hire there own help.... It can and could be done if they would choose to do it...

huntemwfo

Maybe BPS will give me a good deal when I go to buy the guns to replace mine. Wouldn't be nothing out of their pockets and would sure help me!

Buck Nasty

Kind of late to this, but I really think you should just chalk this one up to lesson learned and move on. The Mall or BPS arent going to do anything to compensate you.

huntemwfo

Yeah, lesson learned. Door locks only keep the honest out. I usually don't keep my guns in my truck but the day before I had taken my daughter hunting deer and had the shotgun for squirrel if we saw no deer. Went to check a job near BPS and on the way back stopped to do some Christmas shopping. (multi-tasking) Thought about the guns but shrugged it off because it was in the middle of the day parked in the front door of BPS. I WAS WRONG. Not expecting anyone to replace the guns but I did expect Mall Security to at least review the footage and try to help catch the people who are doing this. But the more I learned about MS at Discovery Mills, my opinion, is that they do not do their job well and do not care about following through when there is an incidence. In my opinion they are a joke and nothing more than "false security" to the people who shop there. I have found that there have been MANY others who have been robbed, even at gunpoint with fake guns. It seems that something could be done to improve the way MS handles things. I do think that all stores should pull together and do something to protect their customers since this is a common occurence.