Stopping line twist with inline spinners?

menhadenman

Braid is just as susceptible to line twist as fluoro or mono.
I haven’t noticed that… probably 20 reels with braid on them now. But you’re right, if something is spinning in one direction with line tied to it something will eventually show.

I’ll still take braid with a flouro leader any day.

Hillbilly stalker

Sometimes if they are twisting excessively it’s because you are retrieving them too fast. I usually let them sink for a little, depending on water depth….then pop them to get the blade spinning and use a slower retrieve to bring them back. It would be a little different in faster moving water, but you kinda get a feel for the drag they make.

ASH556

Sometimes individual ones will get bent or messed up and not spin right, but I've never had issues at all getting a Mepps to spin. Do yours have the wide, round blade, or a narrow one like a roostertail? Those PMs like that one in your pic usually don't give me any problems, either.
Here’s a pic of what I’ve got. “Made in France” not Finland on the Mepps. That little size 0 wouldn’t spin for anything a couple weeks ago. Doesn’t look bent. I’m guessing the Eagle Claw is junk, but it was in my box with them. Then a pair of Blue Fox I’ve had awhile. Just never thrown much.

Honestly I’ve always had decent luck with 1/16oz Roostertails in white, yellow, copper, or rainbow. I do favor the PM for the last several years.

IMG_5301.jpeg

Darkhorse

When we were fishing offshore in the Kingfish tourney's all we ever used were quality ballbearing swivels. I never trusted my setups to anything else to prevent line twist.
That's a mighty good reason to use them in fresh water too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s a pic of what I’ve got. “Made in France” not Finland on the Mepps. That little size 0 wouldn’t spin for anything a couple weeks ago. Doesn’t look bent. I’m guessing the Eagle Claw is junk, but it was in my box with them. Then a pair of Blue Fox I’ve had awhile. Just never thrown much.

Honestly I’ve always had decent luck with 1/16oz Roostertails in white, yellow, copper, or rainbow. I do favor the PM for the last several years.

View attachment 1248518
If that Mepps won't spin, there's something wrong with it. That Blue Fox #1 second from the left is hands down and by far the best trout spinner ever made, in that exact color and pattern.