success at oaky woods

Dupree

I was wondering if any of yall had any luck. The buck I saw when scouting got killed Friday morning, I knew he was a wide and heavy 7, but I did not realize he had a 22" inside spread. I saw a pic of him at the check station and I know for a fact it was the same deer. I didnt hear much shooting in the afternoons, but Saturday morning I had a doe come running by me and I shot her. I thought someone had spooked her, but it wasn't 30 seconds later and three bucks came running up the bottom grunting. The biggest of the three turned and ran across a field before I could get a shot. The other two bucks, a small 6 and 4 pointer came within 30 yards then turned and went over to the dead doe and just stood there. I hit my can call hoping for the bigger buck to come back and sure enough he came running acroos the field grunting. I got a good shot and took it. Although he isn't very big, he was bigger than the others. He had a 15 1/2" inside spread, 107 lbs. dressed, and 2.5 yrs old. The doe was 90 lbs. dressed and 5.5 yrs old. Here are some pics. The second pic has my girlfriend showing him off.

Attachments

• oaky woods (640 x 483).jpg
    oaky woods (640 x 483).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 300
  • oakywoods2 (640 x 483).jpg
    oakywoods2 (640 x 483).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 293

Possum

Banned
HT2 said:
You ain't right!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Good deer 4X4!!!!!!

If lovin that picture is wrong, I dont wanna be right. :bounce:

Woods Master

Hey Tacoma I saw yall pulling out sat nite you remember seeing me in the Camo chevy. Congrats on the deer . Between me and a buddy we killed 2 does and a spike.

Dupree

I pulled up next to you at the light at 96 and 247 to say hey but the light turned green so we went on. I looked for you in between hunts but never saw you. What days did yall kill deer?

Woods Master

Thursday morn my buddy killed a spike and fri eve I seen 5 deer and killed 2 big does field dressed 92 pounds and 86 pounds.

Dupree

did you not see any hogs?

Dupree

Thanks Andy, I know its a scrub compared to the ones you have taken off public land this year. The avatar picture I have is one I killed at PF 2 years ago. I know you said in another post you thought there had been some other nice deer come off Paulding. He scored 123 1/8". Did you measure the one you killed?

Woods Master

4x4 we didn't see any hogs they were hard to get on this year. Found fresh sign on the river the last day of the hunt. I usually kill em ever year dont no what happen this year.

hunter44a

I haven't scored him yet. And I didn't think your buck was a scrub either. Especially if you got him on a check in hunt. Means you still got buck tags like I do :bounce: Right?!

Dupree

Yeah I still have my "any size" buck tag to save incase I see a nice un'. I already used my 4 on one side, but I will mostly be hunting check in hunts for the rest of the year anyways. Let me know when you score him.