Summation of turkey season

Turkeytider

If I can't call em, I'll crawl em. Drug myself 60 yards by my elbows yesterday. Got within bout 40 yards of a lonely ol feeding gobbler. At the last second he caught me getting into shootin position. He lived. I know some folks don't agree with bushwackin em but when the birds are are silent, it's pouring rain & 46 degrees a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

I would hazard a guess that everybody on this board, if polled, would say they prefer to close the deal on a bird with which they've had an intimate conversation. I know I would . I also like to hunt in the afternoons and will when it rains as well. More akin to deer hunting, with not many opportunities to talk. Lots of patience required, a different set of challenges, and a really high probability of coming up empty. There's something for everybody!

chrislibby88

They’ve been on fire at my local WMA. I’ve heard more gobbles in the past 3 weeks than I heard all last season. Killed two Toms so far and worked two or three more birds that weren’t as cooperative.

Turkeytider

They’ve been on fire at my local WMA. I’ve heard more gobbles in the past 3 weeks than I heard all last season. Killed two Toms so far and worked two or three more birds that weren’t as cooperative.

I think you may be fortunate. Seems to be here and there this season.

chrislibby88

I think you may be fortunate. Seems to be here and there this season.
It may have to do with me being a better hunter this season. I’ve been employing some new tactics, and I spend more time riding around at first light listening for birds rather than hauling off into the woods blind. Though I have seen more birds so far, in the woods and crossing roads, etc. than last year. I think we had a decent hatch in my neck of the woods, I saw several hens with 2-3+ poults last summer and fall.

Turkeytider

It may have to do with me being a better hunter this season. I’ve been employing some new tactics, and I spend more time riding around at first light listening for birds rather than hauling off into the woods blind. Though I have seen more birds so far, in the woods and crossing roads, etc. than last year. I think we had a decent hatch in my neck of the woods, I saw several hens with 2-3+ poults last summer and fall.

Glad you`re seeing them. Where are you ( no specifics, just in general )?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
bout ready to quit :(
Alright lets get that attitude right Sowgabuckstalker. You got a new little one. Don't make me come down there and confiscate that decoy and sit you in a hardwood bottom where you can only see 50 yards scratching in the leaves. Come on now. There are people begging to hear a gobble.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Really getting bummed here too.....another hopeful morning getting there early and not a peep. Maybe I need to try some new tactics. I tried a few different places and no sign either........I must have run them off.

Mark K

Banned
Went to one of my favorite spots on my local WMA, only to find out what the hurricane didn’t destroy, the logging crews did, lol.
All I heard was heavy logging equipment and saws.
Went and did some riding and walking and ended up seeing three jakes.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm giving it one more try this weekend. Think I will start in our bottom where I heard them gobbling late last season. The only gobbler I've seen all season was out of my camper window in our camp field. I appreciate all the advice shared by our turkey gurus.

Buckman18

They’ve went nocturnal on my club.

Mark K

Banned
Went back this evening and got to play the game, but to thick between us. I couldn’t get to him and he couldn’t get to me. Never could see him but his drumming and gobbling let me know he was within 50-60 yards.
When driving out I stopped on the road across from where I attempted to hunt this morning. He was there...about 500 yards away. He was there last year and it was a pain to get to him. This year it’s almost impossible. Studying maps to try and figure something out. May have to throw on some chaps to get through the thinned area or a chainsaw to get through the swamp.

sowgabuckstalker

Landowners sending me pictures of toms flat our moving / feeding up till 730 pm!? man that seems late. I am going to have to try them one evening soon.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Looks like he's layin on egg. Hey it's 2019 he can choose his identity and how he wants to live