Summer Sausage

sportsman94

Made up a 30lb batch of summer sausage over the last couple days. Jalapeño cheddar with some hickory and cherry smoke. Will try to get a cross section picture today when I put it in the freezer. Makes a great snack when you’re in the woods or about any other time

Attachments

• A9B5D731-F388-4377-B688-5C97F9FB5B10.jpeg
    A9B5D731-F388-4377-B688-5C97F9FB5B10.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 31

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Made up a 30lb batch of summer sausage over the last couple days. Jalapeño cheddar with some hickory and cherry smoke. Will try to get a cross section picture today when I put it in the freezer. Makes a great snack when you’re in the woods or about any other time
That's one thing I've never made, but it's on my list. Love that stuff.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That looks perfect. I'm down to my last stick of it. Wish I had killed some deer when I had the chance!

specialk

As is a common theme with me it was a kit. This one from hi mountain seasoning. It sure is good though!

i use the same kit....i do 80/20 deer to pork and make 30lbs..i use my pellet grill to cook it this time(normally in the oven) ...i cut mine in half and vaccum pk in freezer.....you are right though, its gooood stuff.....

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I bet that stuff is delicious . I use hi mountain seasoning for my jerky . You sure are enjoying playing with them 20 does you killed ?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Awesomeness right there!!!

Big7

The Oracle
Excellent !! ? ?